Chapter 11

~Star's POV~

The next few days with Moon were happy. Gold seemed jealous, but what else is new?
It happened while I was playing in the lake with Moon. Gold was underwater, and I started getting worried; when was he going to come up?
After a few minutes I bolted over and pulled him out of the crystal waves, to find him unconscious. Moon cried out.
I took a deep breath. "Heal this dragon."
Gold lifted his head up wearily, becoming stronger at the seconds passed.
"Why did you do that?!" The RainWing demanded angrily. A look a surprise crossed my dark featured face.
"Uh... saving you from becoming six feet under?" I suggest uncertainly.
"Well don't do that! I want to die!" He shrieks, jumping back in the water and shoving his head under. I sigh.
"Gold—" I reach over and pull him up, but before I get far he slashed his talons across my arm.
Bright, sharp pain shoots up my limb, and I let go, roaring angrily.
Moon covers her mouth and I look down.
It's bad.
Dark red blood drips down my arm, into the water, where it fans out and stains the crystalline substance red.
It looks impure, like it's not supposed to be there.
It looks abnormal.. is this because it's blood, or something more sinister?
Moon points to where Gold is weakening.
I heal him again, then add, "Make it so he cannot harm himself in anyway possible, and anyone who tries to help him can't either."
Gold's muscles ripple as he stands up, and I purse my lips and flick my wings, obviously annoyed.
The Prince turns his head toward me, baring his fangs. I knew what was coming. I should have made my scales invincible, like my ancestor.
I watch in horror as the black venom flies toward my face, but a large black mass leaps in front of my, taking the brunt instead.
The venom lands on the NightWing's face, and he turns around, bellowing angrily.
The venom is in his eyes, and if we didn't act fast, he would die.
And I couldn't let my father die.