Chapter 3

Star sat on his bed, fiddling with something. Moon walked in as green smoke rose out of Star's talons, and suddenly there were a bunch of scales with shiny , gold exteriors. Moon gaped, then was roughly shoved aside by Gold.
"You're holding up the line!" Gold growled, causing Moon to bare her teeth at him. Star snapped his head over and quickly hid the scales, but wasn't fast enough for Moon. She grabbed his talons, then grabbed the scales. She looked down; they had small carvings on them, way too detailed for just a claw. Moon tilted her head, thinking.
"H-Hi! What's up, you guys?" Star asked nervously, smiling in an odd way. Gold looked curious, before the put two and two together.
Moon beat him there.
"Star! You're an ANIMUS?!" She yelled, flaring her wings. Gold looked horrified.
"Um... yeah? I was just making gifts for you guys..." Star responded softly, his ears lowering. Moon quickly hugged him.
"No, no! I was just surprised! That's not bad!" She insisted quickly. Gold came back to reality, looking baffled, but it was toward Moon, not Star.
"Are you serious?!" Gold demanded. "He's going to go insane and KILL US ALL!"
Star shook his head quickly, "I've only used my powers twice! And after what happened to Da- my ancestor, I don't want to end up like him!"
Moon looked at the two males.
"Here... let me see the scales?" She suggested, changing the subject. Star gave her a grateful glance, before handing over the scales. Gold grunted, as if he wanted to continue with the conversation. Moon gave him a warning look. Star flicked his tail, watching Gold unhappily.
"This is awesome! Can you carve me?" Moon asked eagerly. Star nodded, mumbling something. A shape slowly took form on the scale in Moon's hand, and she looked down, her eyes wide. Gold squawked like an overgrown chicken.
Both Star and Moon have him a look. Just then, a muscular NightWing entered the cave. He was older than them, and his eyes shone as he turned them upon Star.
"How's my dear son?" The NightWing asked, bounding over and wrapping his wings around Nightstar.
Star squeaked, trying to wiggle away. "Dad- no- not in front of my friends-!"
The bigger NightWing chuckled, backing up.
"What, I'm not allowed to be happy to see you?"
Star coughed. "Well uh..." He glanced meaningfully at Moon. His father whistled, and Moon narrowed her eyes. Star flushed with embarrassment, shaking his head.
"Alright, this is my father, Nightshade." Star introduced. Nightshade bowed, grinning.
"Nice to meet my little Star's friends."