Chapter 2

The next few weeks weren't very fun for Star. Gold kept trying to keep him away, and to prevent the blooming friendship between Moon and Star. He was also a total mango-eater toward the male NightWing, yet Star continued to try to reach out with a hand of friendship.
Needless to say, it didn't work very well.
Moon kept trying to convince Star to stand up to Gold, but Star couldn't. What if Gold never wanted to be his friend again?
But one day, when Gold made a sneering remark about Star's deceased mother, Star had it.
"Well clearly you've never had a loving family, or else they'd show you to keep your mouth shut and don't be insensitive!" Star yelled towards Gold. Gold looked surprised.
He recovered quickly, his mouth curling into a sneer.
"Or maybe mine have taught me how to not be a sensitive baby!" Gold mocked, turning an amused yellow. Moon frowned at the two.
"C'mon, can't you both be friends?" Moon asked. Star opened his mouth, appalled. Couldn't Moon see he had been trying to be friendly to Gold? Yet Gold kept mocking him and generally being moon blasted papaya face!
Gold sneered more, if even possible. His face was going to get stuck like that if he didn't watch himself!
Star frowns. "Of course, Moon." He says, nodding and smiling. He wouldn't dare go against his crushes' wish. Gold shook his head.
"Not gonna work, but whatever." Gold mumbled. Star frowned. He remembered Gold had a crush on Moon as well. Obviously Gold should get Moon. Star was just an insecure NightWing. He didn't deserve someone as beautiful, as passionate, and intelligent as her.
Star blushed as he had those thoughts, hiding his head behind his wings and taking a deep breath.
"Alright. Gold, wanna go swimming?" Star asked, emerging without the blush, his voice friendly. Gold looked taken aback, he glanced at Moon, who nodded encouragingly. The RainWing huffed dramatically.
"Fiiiiiiine."
Star grinned, standing up. He flicked both Gold and Moon with his wings, bounding away to his favorite place, he called it the Skylake. It had a large hole in the roof, where in the day, bright sunlight filtered through, making the water warm and comfortable.
In the evening, moonlight shone down, turning the water ghostly pale, and the crystals on the walls reflecting the white light, making it seem scary. It was always quiet, as the water was only about as deep as a dragon, not good for swimming, and only SeaWings really ever swam.
Star leaped into the water with a splash, turning around to stare at the entrance, waiting for his two friends.
Well, he hoped Gold was a friend.
Then the next second he didn't.
Gold and Moon stroller in, Moon giggling about something. Star felt a stab of jealousy so fierce that he was surprised flames didn't come shooting out of his eyeballs.
Gold grinned, then darted forward and splashed into the lake. Moon giggled, wrinkling her snout at Star. He smiled sincerely at her, then smiled at Gold. Gold blinked.
Moon jumped in, tackling Star. He yelped, wiggling around. He shoved her off, but not forcefully. Gold was glaring at them, and Star quickly slithered away from Moon. Why was this so HARD?!