Chapter 4

Star looked embarrassed, "Dad..." He mumbled. Moon laughed, walking over and hugging Nightshade.
"It's nice to meet you. Star is a good friend of mine!" Moon said happily.
Gold rolled his eyes, bored. "Yeah, yeah. Except for the fact that he might go INSANE and KILL us ALL."
Nightshade blinked. "That doesn't sound like Star... yeah, he's an animus and everything, but he's very careful with his magic. He always thinks everything through a few times, and I highly doubt he'll loose his soul any time soon."
Moon smiled. Gold pursed his lips unhappily.
"Whatever. Wanna go swimming, Moon?" Gold asked, giving Star a smug look. Star clenched his talons in rage. Gold was deliberately rubbing his scales the wrong way.
Moon caught the look and gave Gold a disapproving frown, but nodded anyways.
"Wanna come, Star?" She asked, swishing her tail. Gold looked infuriated.
"Well, Moon.. the thing is.. uhm... I thought t could be just us?" Gold suggested shrewdly, his RainWing ruff flaring as his ears turned pink and then back to gold again.
Moon shook her head, panic flashing in her eyes.
"Nah, there's no reason for us not all to be included." She insisted forcefully. Star grinned; that was why he had a mega-crush on her. And probably why Gold did too...
Star got up, nuzzling his dad. "Sorry, father. I'm going to swim with my friends!"
Nightshade chuckled, the sound was rumbly and pleasant. "Oh, is your old dad not cool enough for you?" He asked jokingly. Star snorted vigorously, smacking Nightshade with his wing, before bounding off after Gold and Moon. He didn't want to leave Gold alone with Moon any longer than he had to.
Gold was circling around Moon, his tail brushing her chin as she blushed. He leaned forward, his eyes wandering to the doorway. He lept away from Moon with a yelp. Star was standing there, frozen, his acid green eyes wide. His wings were slightly spread; it looked like he might take off at any moment.
"You... you-" The male NightWing choked out. Gold actually looked genuinely sorry.
"Star- wait I-"
Star didn't stick around to hear it. He turned tail and fled, his mind reeling.
I can't believe... what... Star couldn't hold his thoughts together as he dashed into the forest, his pupils dilated.
She clearly loves Gold more! I KNEW it! Well, why would she love me? But they didn't have to so rude about it!
Dark thoughts swirled around his mind next, and he stopped, honestly contemplating some not so good stuff.