« update »

hi, everyone  

i know some of you were probably expecting another chapter instead of an update, but here it is and i want to let you know why it's here.

as i've been trying to write another chapter for this book, i've noticed my lack of inspiration.  whenever i come on to wattpad, i feel obligated to write another chapter for this book (which i don't mind at all), but whenever i try to do it, it seems like there's nothing that i can write that will work with this story (does that make sense ???).

this book means a LOT to me, and i truly want to continue writing it. please understand this. i'm not giving up on my story and on my characters, i promise you that this update is not about that.  instead this 'update' is about me trying to revive my characters and trying to bring them back to life.

when i first started writing this book, i was pretty happy with how it was going.  but, looking back on that, i feel like my writing style was just lacking..something.  and unfortunately, i felt like it didn't convey the feelings and emotion that i hoped that it would.  i just feel like i need a moment to try and rewrite this book.

so there. i want to rewrite this book.  basically, that's what i'm trying to say.  

to me, it feels like this book is not flowing properly and the plot is very..predictable.  also, i feel like with how this book is already written, i'm not sure how i can develop the characters properly.  basically, i just need a redo. i love the idea for this book, and i feel like if i want to present it well, i have to try this again.  

i want this book to show tons of character development, and i feel like with the chapters that are up so far, i'm having a tough time doing that.  i feel like everything is just going a little..too fast for them.  i want these chapters to be more slow-paced so that you can really understand the characters and plot well.

also, this 'redo' is going to help me decide some important things for this book.  different perspectives maybe?  i was also thinking that maybe i could rewrite this book in the 3rd person POV ? ? ?  

HOWEVER, the chapters that are up now will STILL be up even as I'm rewriting this book.  mainly because i'm entered in lots of wattpad writing competitions (lol) and for many of them, the rules state that i need a minimum of 3 chapters. 

rewriting this book may take a while as i will need to rethink and "reconstruct" characters (oh and i might change names for some of the supporting characters - not main characters)..so you might not see a new chapter for a while, i'm so sorry about that :/  but once i start posting the new chapters up, i will take down the old chapters and we will start new :)  i don't really have a schedule planned out for this..but all i can really say is to just expect them to be coming in during the summer. 

also, updates on how REWRITING is going will be posted here (probably) and i'll just let you guys know how things are going. 

and i'm so sorry for how indecisive i'm being right now and how messed up this is :(  because when i first started writing this book i was full on dedicated.. and i still am.  i just need to try again.  i hope you can understand where i'm coming from, as i'm sure many of us have been there before.  but no worries, you'll read content from me soon.  i'll still be active on wattpad (woohoo!), so it's not like i'm gonna disappear or anything like that lol.  

i'm just starting fresh.  

i want to go back to the roots of this story, figure out the main purpose of it..and then begin to rewrite this story to revolve around that purpose.  

thank you so much for being so supportive of this book, i really couldn't have done any of this without you guys.

xoxo, Claire 

p.s. if you've read this far, literally, i love you (haha) you're amazing, thank you.