Note from Author

Dear Readers,

I hope you enjoyed this story!

I wanted to say a quick note about the topic of suicide. This is a tricky subject and I'm going to try to choose my words carefully, so bear with me.

Ending your life is never the answer. NEVER. In this story, if Everly had died, she would have missed out on the love of Leo, and of her friends and family. You never know the effect your dying will have on those who care about you. They will never be the same once you are gone. You will be killing them, trust me.

No matter what your situation is, know it's not permanent. You have the power to change it; maybe not now, but you will one day. Be patient and work towards your goal. You can be anything, do anything!

Don't end your life when you haven't had the chance to really live. There's an entire world out there waiting for you. You are not stuck where you currently are. Maybe work towards getting a career where you can travel and then you'll see how many options you really have in the world. Or go online and look up far off places. It might be that you're in a place where you don't belong. You'll just need to find the right place for yourself. Obviously this is not a "one size fits all" type of problem where there is a clear answer. It's different for everyone.

Don't end your life because of your current situation. It may seem hopeless, but change is around the corner.

I know it's hard to be patient, especially when you're in a situation that seems like it never gets any better (like high school). Try making a "dream board", where you put up pictures or words of our ultimate life goals (like a dream job, home, location, etc.) to keep you motivated. Remind yourself that every day is one step closer to that goal.

I know these aren't answers big enough to fix it. They are just a few suggestions that can hopefully help in the meantime.

Most importantly, ASK FOR HELP and do not stop asking until you get the help you need! Ask as many people as it takes until someone finally helps you. Do not give up on yourself. Ever. You might need to talk to your doctor or a professional who can help you.

You are loved.
You are important and valuable.
You are worth it.
You deserve to have the chance to really see what the world has to offer you.

Believe me, there is a whole universe out there just waiting for you. The possibilities are truly endless. Don't let someone else tell you what your future has in store. Only you can control that. And you can make it amazing.

I'm always happy to help if I can. Please feel free to message me if you need me.

You are not alone. ♥️

xoxo
- Elle

xoxo- Elle