Chapter Fifty Six : Nonni

Start from the beginning

"See ya, boys." Seth said as he walked away towards the stands. I could see Alex from a distance, walking to towards him, interlocking their hands before sharing a passionate kiss. I widened my eyes, amazed at how open the two were and somewhat envious. Back to the situation at hand, I turned to Micheal, awaiting his explanation with anticipation.

"About that." Michael said with nervous laughter.

"I invited Seth to the party, purposely. He came to me asking for advice, he wasn't sure if Alex was into him. I just wanted to help." He said with a shrug.

"Well, aren't you the little match maker." I said before pinching the tip of his nose, quoting him from earlier.

"Okay, only I'm allowed to say that." He shoved my hand away.

🏈

"Thanks mom, we're pretty tired from the game, gonna crash, goodnight!" I said as I walked to my room in a hurry with my hand locked around Dakota's. As soon as the door closed behind Dakota pulled at the hem of my shirt, slipping it over my head and throwing it to the ground before pinning me to door and taking off his own shirt.

I could feel the rise and fall of his chest in sync with mine, with his hands on my hips before pulling me closer, kissing me on my open mouth, lingering between each kiss and making me feel that much more earnest for the next. With a slip of his tongue, my entire body burned as his free hand caressed my back. The simplest touch made me weak, making my groin ache with pleasure and it was the first time I realized how badly I wanted it, how badly I wanted him. I pulled away for a moment, second guessing my hormonal thoughts.

"Are you scared?" Dakota asked as he took a step back from me.
"Of what?"

"Sex."

It was silent for a moment as I thought. I wanted nothing more than to share that kind of bond with Dakota but I wanted it to be without any interruptions, what so ever, which translates to, I didn't want to have to hold anything back for the sake of no one hearing the two of us. Or maybe I was afraid.

"No. I just-" I paused.
"I want it to be the right time and right now, I don't think it is." I averted my eyes to the floor, unable to meet his eyes after turning him down when it was so obvious he was ready and I wasn't.

"Whenever you're ready, I'm ready." He smiled as he ruffled my hair before planting a small peck on the side of my face. A smile tugged at the corner of my lips as he scooped up my shirt from the floor and handed it to me before sliding on his own. I sat on the edge of my bed as Dakota set up the Nintendo64 and handed me a controller.

🏈

"Boys, it's time to get up! We're late." I could hear my mother's voice call out but my eyes were still heavy with sleep to open them. I groaned as I turned on my side with Dakota's arm and leg still draped over me. My bed was no longer able to fit the two of us but I didn't mind having to sleep so close together.

"Boys!" My mother called out once more before I finally rolled myself out of bed. After a quick wash and a fresh pair of clothes, I was ready to go. I'd met a few of Dakota's cousins a handful of times but not enough to keep a conversation going.

"Does your grandma know about us?"
"No but I'm sure she won't mind. She loves me." Dakota said with a confident smile. I hoped he was right.

My mother hummed a random tune as we walked across the street to the Moreau house. Cars were lined up and down the block with family holding extravagant bags or boxes as they piled out of their vehicles. The usual Lucio Dalla songs that played at every Moreau family gathering, I'd been to so far, blared through out the house along with the hustle and bustle of relatives running in and out of the kitchen, chit chatting away.