Chapter Fifty Six : Nonni

A/N I am now starting fan shoutouts, as I appreciate you all so much! The first shoutout is to @ElizmaFlint your comments make my day! :)

"My extended family is coming down tomorrow, throwing a birthday party for my grandma. You in? Your parents can come too." Dakota asked from across the locker room, half naked and I had to admit that my eyes lingered at the sight of his bare sleek skin.

"Definitely." I said with a smile as I slapped on my football gear, wincing. Anything to ignore the nerves that were settled at the pit of my stomach for tonight's game. I was always nervous before a game, no matter who it was we were playing against, but there was something about the Panthers that was different. Maybe because I knew Seth was a good player and even though we had seemed to squash the beef, I was still a little tense.

"Thanks, I wouldn't have been able to be there alone. My aunts and cousins are definitely going to be asking where my father is."

"Just tell 'em he's out on business." I shrugged, making up a simple lie that any one was bound to believe.

"I just feel kind of embarrassed, you know? We'd always had this perfect image to extended relatives and now it's potentially gone. I mean, I don't care but at the same time, I do. Am I making any sense?" He chuckled as he slid on his jersey, the position of captain back to it's rightful owner, a position I gladly gave back.

"I understand, completely."
"How is your mom doing?"

"She's been doing good, I'd say. Looking for jobs, I'm trying to do the same but she keeps telling me not to worry and focus on football since I'm kind of riding on the scholarship." I could see the endless amount of worry in his eyes and through his smile and I felt helpless.

"Let's do something.. after the game." I said before clearing my throat. He grinned from ear to ear as he gazed at me suggestively, scanning me with his eyes from head to toe as if I was a meal.

"Not that." I said as I threw a towel at his face.

"Alright, attention boys. We've played against these yellow bellies before and kicked their asses, and I know we can do it again! I don't want no slacking, keep your head in the game and bring her home, ya hear me?"

"Yes sir!" The team yelled in unison. I nodded along, uncertain of this her character.

"Warr-iors! Warr-iors! Warr-iors!"

The nerves I had felt left as soon as I set foot on the field. I took my regular position, kneeling on one knee and waiting for Dakota's signal but this time he wouldn't be throwing it to me. The offense would draw back, as if it was going to be a prass-protect for Dakota but he'd pass the ball to Michael before throwing it to me. It was the perfect play.

"Hut." Dakota yelled after the whistle blew. The offense surrounded him. He turned to the left, passing it to Michael. He ran the 50 yards down the field, with me following him on the other side, matching his pace. The ball flew across the field, spiraling my direction and I jumped up to catch it before running across the posts for a touchdown.

The crowd jeered and the team ran towards me with wide smiles full of glory.

"Good game, baby." Dakota said with a smile before patting my butt. I could feel the blood as it rushed to my cheeks and made me hot. Michael ran towards me, wrapping an arm around Dakota and I, "This is going to be one hell of a season."

"Nice game." Seth said as he walked up to us, extending his hand to shake and we gladly did so. "I just wanted to say, thanks, Michael."

I scrunched my brows in confusion as I turned to Dakota who'd had the same expression as I did. What exactly was Seth thankful to Michael for?