Against Authority (7)

This chapter is extremely long, so I hope you all have the patience to keep up with it. Comment and vote...please and thank you!

7. Relocated

"Mommy, where are my sandals?"

I smiled at Annie. We had finally made it to the safe house-this one was smaller. Annie wanted to go for a walk to the beach nearby.

"Oh, honey, I think I left them at the house. You're just going to have to wear your shoes," Shannon replied.

Annie sighed dramatically, and walked out of the room.

Shannon sighed too. "I have no idea how I'm going to explain this to her."

"The sandals?" I asked. "You just did."

She smiled. "I mean having to leave home on account of massive explosions."

"Oh."

"But I definitely need to thank you. You saved us. As did Special Agents Raider and Michaels."

I shrugged. "We were just doing our jobs."

She nodded, and put a smile on her face as Annie came back into the room with her shoes in her hands.

"Mommy, I need help," she whined.

Shannon continued to smile. "Sit down."

I walked out of the room to change into some more comfortable clothes. I didn't have the time to change this morning, so I was still in my pajamas. But I preferred to walk to the beach in normal clothing.

Chris smiled as I passed his room. This home's layout allowed us to all have separate rooms-well, at least I had a separate room-Chris and Barry shared one, but they had the room with two beds-and I was grateful. I could have privacy.

My room had a decent view. The house was big enough that if you were on the second story, you could see over the treetops and small enough that you couldn't see it at the road.

The view I had was that over the treetops; you could just barely see the water. In the mornings, the water glittered beautifully, as I could see now. I was really excited to see the sunset.

The inside of my room was also nice. Once again, I had a canopy bed. The sheets were orange, and the walls were a darker blue than the other mansion. More mahogany dressers too. And as an added bonus, I had a window seat.

I walked over to the bed, where the suitcase was resting.

That reminded me. I had packed some of Chris' things as well as mine. Giving those back would be a good idea.

I lifted the suitcase, and walked into Chris' room. He was standing by the window, looking at the trees-he didn't have as good a view as me-and didn't hear me enter. I ignored the fact that he was shirtless.

"Hey," I said, stating my entrance. As Chris turned around, I placed the suitcase on the bed that had his shirt on it, assuming that it was his.

"Hello, Alex," he replied. "What's with that?" He motioned to the suitcase.

"In the chaos, I packed some of our clothes. I thought I should give you yours."

"Thanks." He walked over, and unzipped the suitcase. "I never thought to get anything-I didn't even remember that I would need to change after we arrived at the hospital." He took out his T-shirts and jeans, and the other things that were his.

Because Barry had been shot-worse than I had-Chris found a hospital nearby to take Barry to. He did that after we made it to the house. Shannon, Annie, and I stayed behind so I could keep them safe, and Barry was still in the hospital now, getting who know what done to him.