Meaningless

Spoons and forks clanked against everyone's plate at IHOP. It wasn't anyone's favourite, except for Odell. Ms. Heather preferred Waffle House, but she tolerated for him. She sighed because of his quietness.

"You doing alright baby?" Ms. Heather broke the silence. Odell looked up from his plate at her.

"Uh yeah, I'm straight." Beck knew she was going start an argument already so he kept his silence. Ms. Heather had enough and set her fork down.

"Okay you know what, I'm tired of this shit Odell!" She yelled, causing a few people to look over in their direction. Odell sighed and stopped eating, losing his appetite.

"Mom, what is it now?" He was drained from everything going on. Ms. Heather squinted her eyes at him, getting angrier that the person in front of her wasn't her son.

"It was her, wasn't it huh?!" Odell looked at his father for an escape, but he was lost in his food. "It's her that got you playing like you don't got no damn sense out there right?" He put his eyes back on his mother, not really wanting to answer the question.

"Cornelius," She leaned forward, sticking a finger in his face. "Answer me right now."

"Yes, it's her." Odell unwillingly answered. Ms. Heather leaned back and looked over to Beck.

"You hear that Beck? A meaningless, manipulative whore has this much power over our son. And it's making him play like absolute shit." She told him while Beck shook his head.

"She isn't a meaningless, manipulative whore, first of all." Odell muttered, causing his mother to snap her head at him.

"Say that a lil' louder, will you?" Ms. Heather raised a brow, daring him to try her.

"I said, she's not a meaningless, manipulative whore, first of all." Odell repeated. His face held no emotions, he was truly sick of feeling them at the moment. Ms. Heather scoffed and rolled her eyes, fed up with his antics.

"Then what the fuck do you call it then Odell?" She gritted through her teeth. "Cause I clearly remember telling yo' ass these bitches do not give a fuck about you!" Ms. Heather's Louisiana accent was seeping into her voice. Beck raised his eyebrows, surprised at her choice of words. He knew she cussed from time to time, but she seldomly used that word.

"Willow did mom. She did give a fuck about my ass. So no, she's not this gold-digging, plotting, lying bitch like you want her to be." Odell retorted back to her. She was taken aback, here her son was defending the same girl that broke him.

"Do you not fucking hear yourself?! You're defending the bitch! The one who's causing you to act like this!" Beck just simply watched the two, realizing that this needed to happen sooner.

"Stop calling her a bitch!" Odell roared. He was past the point of pissed. He never wanted to disrespected his mother, but no matter what Willow did, he wouldn't allow that disrespect to her. She wasn't any of what his mom tried to paint her as. Ms. Heather held her hand to her chest, shocked for a second and then instantly snapped back.

"Boy, who the fuck are you yelling at?"

"Look ma, I'm sorry for yelling at you but shut up! Please so can tell you at least what happened?" Beck wished to himself that he had some popcorn because it was getting good. But he knew he had to calm it down before it got out of hand.