Seventeen- Kiss Me

Start from the beginning

Normally things would be awkward after something like that, but as soon as the cold hits and we’re back home us and I realize Harry was back to his usual self. I run inside, wrapping the arms of my coat around myself.

‘THANKS FOR CARRYING IN THE BAGS!’ Harry chuckles as he places the bags on the counter.

‘No worries babe anytime.’ I wink, teasing him. The look on his face warns me to run. ‘Oh god.’ Before I know it, I’m being chased around a cottage by Harry Styles, afraid of what he would do if he caught me- and just my luck a stray- or not so stray sofa leg catches my foot and causes me to fall to the floor.

‘NO HARRY!’ I scream, curling myself into a ball. Harry jumps on top of me and starts to tickle me forcefully, making me gasp for air.

‘HARRY STYLES!’ I scream, rolling over where he continues to tickle me. I look up and those green eyes catch me again, and suddenly the hands at my sides stay still, holding my waist carefully. Harry was straddling my waist, his curls falling delicately over his forehead, his green orbs piercing mine. His face leans closer to mine and I catch my breath as he leans closer to me. Oh my god, is this really happening? What do I do- I can’t wriggle free… oh god I want to but I don’t want to… this was…

And then a smirk appears on his face and he jumps up, runs across the room and opens a small cupboard I hadn’t taken much notice of. Damn you Styles.

‘I have a surprise for you.’ Harry states, biting his lip, stopping a grin erupting on his face. I found it cute. Wait, I found it what? No I didn’t….

Okay I admit, yes I did.

‘What might that be? I’ve already had a few surprises.’ I roll my eyes. In all seriousness he gestures to the couch so I take a seat, preparing for a show. I knew for some reason this wasn’t going to be the ordinary banter exchange between us.

‘Niall’s been giving us all lessons,’ Harry playfully chuckles, revealing a wooden guitar. I had to admit, it was a nice guitar. ‘I think you’ll recognise this song, I learnt it for you.’

Suddenly, Harry’s abnormally long fingers brush the strings of the guitar, playing familiar chords. He starts to hum and I vaguely pick up the tune of a familiar song.

Settle down with me, Cover me up- Cuddle me in, Lie down with me, And hold me in your arms…’ Harry starts to sing, and I immediately know where this song was from. It was Ed’s- Kiss Me.

And your heart's against my chest, your lips pressed in my neck, I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet- And with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now.’

There was always a story behind each of the songs. This song was about a guy falling in love with his best friend, and Harry knew that. I gasped in realization as Harry sung the chorus. He was in perfect melody and everything. Harry looked up briefly but continued singing, looking into my eyes. The rain hit the window outside and it was warm because we had left the heater on when we left, it was absolutely perfect. I knew the intention wasn’t for him to show me that he was IN LOVE with me like the song suggested, it was that he was falling for me, and all of a sudden, I didn’t care the press would be on our asses. I didn’t care the other boys would give us shit. I knew Ed wouldn’t be happy about it. I didn’t care. All those thoughts had bothered me a thousand times lately but not now. Not while I was with him.

The song had triggered something in my brain and for some reason now, I could admit that I liked him. Funny thing is, we were falling for each other.

I didn’t know how to feel at the moment as he sung. I knew for a fact that falling for him wasn’t good, and I would be hit hard. There were certainly going to be challenges, but for the first time after breaking up with Ryan, I was ready for the challenges. I had to get over him. No, he isn’t a fall back. He’s perfect and he’s all I need. Yes, I just quoted my brother from his song.

As soon as he placed his guitar next to him, I jumped into Harry’s arms. It wasn’t the most romantic sight because I nearly tripped over the same sofa leg and we both landed on the floor with a thud, but I wrapped my arms around him nevertheless and buried my head in the crook of his neck.

‘Brooke?’ Harry whispers in my ear.

‘Yeah?’ I murmur back, enjoying the warmth he was radiating.

‘Would you go out with me?’ He replies, and I take my head out. Without forcing it or even realizing, a smile creeps onto my face.

 ‘Yes.’ I simply state, and without warning, Harry pecks my lips lightly and embraces me in another hug. I feel jittery and butterflies unwillingly roam my stomach, and I felt as though my world was spinning. Wasn’t it only a few hours ago that I admitted to not only myself but him that I had feelings for him? I guess I knew it earlier, I was just too afraid to fall for my best friend again.

Speaking of best friends, we’d better Skype call Louis.

‘Don’t we have the Skype session now?’ I murmur into Harry’s warm chest. He had a really solid chest, let me tell you that.

‘Yeah I was thinking but I didn’t want to ruin the perfect moment.’ Harry replies, lifting me off his lap like it wasn’t an effort.

‘Been working out?’ I ask, impressed. He smiles a lop-sided grin and nods, grabbing a beanie from the counter and shoving it on his mop of curls. I get up and turn on my laptop once again, watching as it starts up. I bring it over to the couch which was more of a loveseat so the both of us could sit down, and we sit together. Harry’s hand snakes around my waist and I automatically blush.

Skype pops up and we’re invited to the already-started group call.

‘Sorry we’re late.’ Harry chuckles.

‘HEY!’ Most of the guys scream. I scan all the boys, this time Louis was alone, and Zayn wasn’t.

‘INTRODUCE AMBER!’ Niall grins, referring to the girl.

‘Haha, okay, err… This is Amber.’ Zayn shrugs, putting his arm around Amber’s shoulders. She waves to the camera. She was pretty, with exotic tanned skin and pretty brown waves that fell down her back. She had wild green eyes, just darker than Harry’s and bold lips covered in gloss. I smile and wave, feeling suddenly self-conscious.

‘I’m his girlfriend.’ Amber giggles, looking down.

‘SCORE!’ Harry shouts, realizing I was still here. ‘FOR ZAYN!’ He corrects himself.

‘I have a girlfriend too!’ Harry proudly announces, and although the other boys couldn’t see, I see in the camera that my cheeks flush a deep shade of crimson.

‘Cat’s don’t count.’ Liam chuckles along with the others.

‘No silly billies, it’s Brooklyn!’ Harry grins, and Liam and Zayn cheer him on- but Niall and Louis both look rather shocked, with grins trying to hide their expressions, but their eyes explain everything.

---------------------------------------

Hey guys! It's 11:30 and I was writing that for you... thank me later... although that means the spelling and grammar is a bit dodgy. Sorry! 

This chapter makes me warm and fuzzy, I love this one. It's so cute. All I ask is that you leave a comment on what you think of... MAKE UP A BROOKLYN/HARRY SHIP NAME :D  and I really really love messages on my profile's message board okay ;) so yeah fan me too while you're there haha :D bye lovelies xoxoxo