587 28 25

(I want to say the exact same thing to you what I said in the beginning of the last chapter so scroll back to there and read it again! I wrote some lyrics here too so it's possible that you have to wait for the song to catch up. Have fun!)

Thomas felt how everyone froze.

Newt? There has to be a mistake!

There was a mess on the stage too, girls came back and the school's director whispered something to DJ.

Obviously, Thomas was happy about Newt but there had to be a mistake! There weren't no change that he was the formal's king!

,,It's not a mistake!" Ty said. ,,Newt's name was on three quarters of the papers!"

An indistinct chatter went trough the room.

,,Silence!" Ty said. ,,It's decided! You decided it! Now, Teresa and Newt, come to the dance floor and do your part!" His voice was happier now and so were the crowd too. They cheer and shouted Newt's and Teresa's names.

Newt looked at Thomas. He was terrified.

I don't care who else but Teresa! Is it a coincidence? Or not?

Thomas heard Teresa's surprised gasp before and now when some people pushed her towards the dance floor.

,,No! I'm not doing this!" She yelled.
Thomas turned to Newt and put his hands on the blonde's shoulders.

,,Hey." He whispered. ,,Do you hear me?"

Newt looked at Teresa but nodded.

,,You have to do this. There aren't no exceptions. But if you really don't want to, then we can leave and after when they tease you, I'll protect you. Wha-"

,,I-I can do this." Newt said.

,,You...sure?" Thomas asked.

Newt gulped and nodded.

Thomas patted him lightly. ,,Okay. Go."

Newt was already on the dance floor but went to the middle of it. He looked back at Thomas who gave him an encouraging look.

Thomas understood that Newt was terrified. After that what Teresa did to him...it was so obvious that he didn't want to do this.

But he was brave.

,,Hands..." Ty said, giving Teresa and Newt a sign that they should held each others hands. They did it and for a second everyone thought that they are going to do this.

But only for a second.

After few seconds holding Newt's hands, Teresa jumped away and did a coughing sound.

,,I can't do this!" She yelled. ,,This is..." She did a sound like she was about to throw up at every second. ,,...disgusting!" She pointed at Newt. ,,He is disgusting!"

She left the dance floor quickly. Gally attempted her and he looked back at Newt weirdly.

Now there was only Newt who stood on the dance floor all by himself. He looked around and his face was scared.