Twenty-four

Chapter 24

Evelyn POV

I stayed stone still like maya told me too. I still don't understand why she's doing this if we get caught won't I die? I shouldn't of done this now my baby's in danger. But if it works out I'll get to see Grayson again.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound on the metal door opening. I heard footsteps then two hands grab me harshly, I held back the urge to cry out in pain. He or she carried me for awhile before I heard another door open then the sound of birds chirping.

Freedom!

I peeked through the top of the rug I was rolled up in looking at a grass field and blue sky's. It's been awhile since I've seen the sun.

I felt my body falling for a few short seconds before I hit the ground, I began rolling down a slanted surface quickly the rug started unraveling exposing me. I made sure to keep my eyes closed and my body as limp as possible. Once I stopped rolling i laid still listening for anything.

"I thought we were suppose to take her in the truck to bury her" a male voice spoke.

"Leaving her in this ditch is easier, when it rains the mud and dirt will fill in the ditch burying her for us. Unless you wanna dig I suggest you leave her here" another man spoke as if it were normal to leave a dead pregnant woman in a ditch.

"Yeah your right" the first man spoke before I heard footsteps retreating.

I laid there for another while before deciding to get up. I opened my eyes looking up at the evening sky. I was scared and my heart was pounding. But I have to be brave for my baby and the girls. I got up from the dirt crawling out of the dirt. Once I got to the top I scanned my surroundings. I was in a ditch in a huge field in front of some woods. There was a worn down house in the field.

Is that where we were? It seemed so much bigger on the inside. Maybe it's underground. I jump out from the ditch sprinting towards the woods. I ran quickly not caring that bushes and branches were cutting my arms.

I ran and ran and ran until my legs ached. There has to be a road somewhere around here. There has to be, I can't die out here. I tripped over a tree root crash landing on the dirt floor.

Fuck! I need to keep going every minute I'm in these woods is another minute that the girls are in danger. Another minute that my baby's in danger.

I got up crawling, I would continue anyway I can, walking, running, limping, crawling, I'd keep going no matter what.