Ten

Maya POV

"So I was thinking maybe we could have the people who think it's a boy wear diamonds and people who think it's a girl wear pearls" Evelyn rambled on and on about the baby shower. It's been a week since we interrogated timothy and we've gotten nowhere, he was our only eye witness and he saw nothing. The other inmates didn't see anything cause they were all knocked out cold. Someone must've slipped something into their food so it's definitely someone on the inside.

"Maya! Maya!" Evelyn snapped me out of my thoughts

"Sorry, just a lot going on back at the house" I chuckled.

"Oh, is it the whole prisoner thing" she sat next to me.

"Yeah, How did you know?" How could she have this information? If I hadn't pried it out of Ethan I would've never known.

"Grayson told me" she smiled but it quickly faded. "Oh was he not suppose to?"

"I don't know exactly..."I trailed off. "So you and Grayson are really close, huh?"

"Yeah, we spend hours talking sometimes. I can never get bored of him." She sighed with a smile probably thinking back to all the times they've talked. Jealousy and sadness filled me but I ignored them. "There's this little cabin in the woods, that he built awhile back and we visit it from time to time"

That sounds vaguely familiar....

"Is this cabin near here, it would be around a water fall" I really hope she says no.

"Yeah!" Fuck. "How did you know?"

"Oh, we found it as kids" I fake smiled shrugging. "I have to go I'll be back though" I nodded getting up.

"Great maybe next time we'll finish" she giggled.

"Maybe" I smiled. How could he do this?

-

Ethan POV

A whole week and I've gotten nowhere, timothy was a dead end. I just can't think of who would do this.

Who would be stupid enough to betray Arthur Grace?

I went through the security cameras one more time, still nothing. I rubbed my face as frustration took over me.

"Take a break man" Tyler put a hand on my shoulder. "I'll take over"

"Fine" I sighed getting up. "I'll be back first thing tomorrow morning"

"You got it"

I walked up stairs towards my room but stopped when I saw one of Maya's shoes thrown lazily on the floor outsides of her room. I calmly walked over picking it up. Her door was slightly open so I quietly stepped in. I heard grunts coming from the bathroom so I pulled out my gun calmly making my way towards the bathroom.

I opened the door revealing a drunk maya, laying in the tub with a bottle of vodka in her hand another empty bottle on the floor. I sighed placing my gun back in my holster.

"C'mon" I held my hands out for her.

"No!" She refused. "He turned our shed into a cabin" she hiccuped.

"What" I didn't know what she was talking about. "The shed in the woods"

She nodded hugging the bottle.

"The place where I had my first kiss is now the place where Grayson and his wife fuck each other like rabbits" she spat taking another sip of the drink.

"You've had enough" I took the bottle from her making her whine. I picked her up bridal style carrying her into her bedroom sitting her down so I could take her clothes off. I don't think leather pants are comfortable enough to sleep in.

"I'm ssstupid" she slurred as I took off her shirt.

"You're not stupid" I sighed. "You're just a girl in love"

"You ever been in love Ethan?" She asked squinting her eyes.

"Nope" I didn't understand the concept of love. I didn't believe in it. I believe in motherly love and friendly love but not romantic love. It's just a temporary distraction from reality. It's a weakness.

"So you wouldn't understand" she sighed. I took off her pants before laying her down in her bed draping the covers over here. I turned of her lamp turning to leave but she gripped my wrist.

"Please stay" she whispered sniffling. "Protect me from the monsters"

I pulled up a chair sitting at her side holding her hand. It was silent for a couple minutes so I assumed she fell asleep.

"When did you become a monster" she spoke up. Her voice sounded so tired and weak. She thinks I'm a monster?

"Why do you think I'm a monster?" I whispered stroking her soft brown hair.

"You tortured and killed Timothy and you liked it....... I saw you smirking" she sobbed. "Tyler helped" I could feel sadness come over me as she spoke. "When did we become killers?"

"When we came into the real world. This is what it is, this is our life. Sleep. We can talk about this when you aren't completely wasted" I placed a kiss on her cheek before leaving.

She thinks I'm a monster.....