"Uh, how may I help you?" Was what came out of my mouth in pure nervousness, and I felt sudden warmth rush to my cheeks as I realised what a stupid thing to say that was.

He raised an eyebrow again, just as he had the first time I had opened my mouth in front of him, showing me that he was probably thinking the exact same thing.

I closed my notebook, way more forcefully than I intended to, jumping at the unexpected loud sound. "Sorry" I breathed, resigning to the fact that there wouldn't be another way to deal with the next hour that wouldn't have been pervaded in the most complete embarrassment - on my side, of course.

He was just watching me, almost completely untouched by the whole ordeal, seeming to be above it all.

"Uh, follow me" I said, just then realising that I didn't even have the slightest idea of what I was doing. I just had to get it over with as fast as possible. "Here's good" I said when we were next to the white wall of the school. I raised up my phone and snapped a fast picture, hoping that it would've been enough not to get a bad grade. "Done" I said, "Bye."

He turned around and walked back to the main door without saying anything, leaving me outside.

I sighed, before entering the school as well.

•  •  •

"How did it go with Mr I'm-too-cool-to-even-breathe-your-same-air?" Ella said as soon as I sat next to her in maths.

I sighed. "Just drop it."

"Uh oh, that bad?" She asked curiously.

I hid my face in my hands. "I embarrassed myself in front of him. Multiple times. And he didn't look impressed not one bit, kept glaring at me. If I didn't know that he doesn't waste time with people like me, I'd say that he hates me."

She stifled a laugh. "It can't have been that bad."

"It was terrible. Absolutely terrible. You should've seen how he was looking at me. He was judging, and he was judging hard. I bet the only reason why he didn't just drop me in the middle of the courtyard and went away is that he wanted to get it done as well." I raised my head, just to see the boy himself enter the class as well, and I groaned, hiding my head between my arms.

The class started and I tried to push the recent events out of my mind, to concentrate.

"So like, did he look at you the whole time?" She asked again, and I gave her a fast glance.

"Pretty sure he did" I whispered back, before trying to busy myself by sketching on the sides of the page I was writing my maths notes on.

"And he didn't say anything? Like, not even a single word?" She asked, and I shook my head. "Not even a single sound?"

"Completely silent for the whole time" I replied with a sigh.

"Miss Regan, would you mind sharing what you were talking about with Miss Grayson?"

I slowly raised my head, just to see that my maths teacher was standing directly in front of my desk.

I tried to say something, but nothing came out of my mouth.

"Share, or shut up" he said menacingly before going back to the front of the class as a few snickers behind us were heard.

"It can't have been that bad" Ella continued as soon as she was sure he wouldn't have heard anything.

I gave her a glance. "It was. I would've thought he's mute if I hadn't heard him speak to his friend sometimes."

She chuckled. "Nah, he's not mute. He's clearly just a prick. At least you got a few quality pics of Harry Styles."