Chapter 28

Walking up the staircase with Beau in my arms, I slowly made my way to her room that sat next to Maceo's and dressed her into something more comfortable to sleep in. Laying her in her little princess bed, I made my way back down to Maceo's office to find Ace, Ace's father Seth I had met at the dinner and Lucian sitting in the office with Zade and the rest of them.

There were no spaces left to sit so I made my way over to Zade, he pulled me onto his lap giving me one of his many smirks.

"Ava, you're probably wondering why you have to be here." Maceo started and I nodded slowly, keeping my worried eyes on him.

Everyone in the room was staring at me and I didn't like it.

"Do you remember the guy who talked to you at The Pit with the blue eyes?" He asked.

"With the other family in the booth?" I nodded.

"They're your mothers family, they're The Monrovian Family." Maceo continued.

"Oh, okay." I leaned into Zade's body; he tightened his arms around my body calming my nerves.

"Okay?" Maceo asked.

"I don't know what you want me to say." I said softly.

"How about why the fuck you didn't tell us about your mother sooner." Ace growled at me.

"Check yourself before I do it for you." Zade stood with me still in his arms, his tone cold and filled with menace.

Ace stood but was stopped by his father.

"Sit down son before you embarrass us both, again." He growled at Ace.

"Zade." I whispered, trying to calm him down.

He stared down Ace and Ace finally turned his head the other way and Zade finally sat, pulling me into his arms again.

"She didn't know about her mothers family." Lucian glared at Ace.

"She still could have told us about her mother being a Monrovian." Ace stared at me with disgust.

"Your hanging on by a thread Ace, throw another dirty look her way. I fucking dare you." Zade lifted me and placed me next to Blaine.

"What are you going to do about it?" Ace yelled.

"I'll have you out cold like I did last night, I held myself back at your dinner because of the kids in the room, fucking push me Ace." Zade seethed, stepping towards Ace challengingly.

"Enough!" Seth yelled at his son. "You embarrassed us last night already, do not do it again!"

"What are they talking about?" I asked Blaine worriedly, he looked pissed off as well.

"Him and Zade fought at The Pit last night, Zade won." Blaine said without taking his eyes off of Ace.

Why didn't he tell me? I thought.

"Ava." Maceo gave me a look and pointed at Zade.

Grabbing Zade's fist, he relaxed at my touch and came back to sit with me on his lap again.

"Maceo and Chris told me you had looked into me and my family." I said looking for confirmation, staring at Lucian.

"Yes, me and Ace." Lucian smiled.

So Ace must be the second one Maceo was speaking about, everything is making sense now. I thought.

"You two obviously didn't do a good enough job because if you looked closely at these files, you would have seen my mothers maiden name." I placed it in the front of the two and pointed to Monrovian next to my mother's name.