Chapter 10

I quickly went home to shower and change since I had an hour to kill before the game started.

Pulling a tight black tank top over my head, I quickly tuck it into my high-waisted skinny jeans before slipping my feet into my all black vans. My hair was still wet so I decided to blow dry it, not wanting the dampness to touch my exposed back.

Since I had forty minutes to spare, I put more effort into my presentation, adding the minimal makeup of light foundation, bronzer, liquid eyeliner, mascara, and lip-gloss.

Appraising my outfit, I quickly grabbed my keys, wallet and leather jacket before heading for the door, texting Nadia that I was on my way.

Once I pulled up, the school parking lot was filled with families and a lot of students, milling around the entrances to be let into the school stadium.

Parking and quickly reading the text from Nadia, I grab my things, draping my leather jacket over my arm and locking the doors to my car, making my way over to the stadium gates. I walked around looking for Nadia's familiar face, finally spotting her waving hand; she sat next to a girl with strawberry red hair and freckles coating her face perfectly.

"Hey." I smiled as I squeezed passed Emma and Nadia.

"Hey, this is Emma, Emma this is Ava Catia Vice." Nadia said gesturing to me.

"Or just Ava." I laughed, waving at Emma.

"OMG, I've heard so much about you." Emma beamed, her excitement making me chuckle.

"I've heard lots about you too." I smiled at her, sitting in the empty seat next to Nadia.

We sat in the closest seats near the field; I spotted my brother laughing with his friends as they played around with the soccer ball. I smiled at the sight of him laughing happily. I was glad I chose to moves us here, he looked so much happier.

The whole row we sat in was empty but the rest of the stadium was completely packed, the seats on the other side of the stadium were filled with supporters for the other team, their colors being maroon and white, ours blue and white.

"Av." A little voice called out.

I looked to my left where Nadia and Emma sat but they were already looking my way so I followed their lead and Beau's little figure came running, her hair bouncing as she waddled her way to me.

"Aw hi." I cooed, her hands reaching for me to pick her up.

"Hi Av." She giggled as I placed her on my lap.

I was surprised she remembered me so well, her hands running through my hair gently.

"How are you?" I asked, tickling her stomach.

"I'm go-good." She giggled, her cute laughter catching the attention of others around us.

"Good." I smiled widely.

"Can you do my hair, Zaee doesn't know how to do it like you." She pointed at Zade, who is now occupying the seat next to me.

Seriously, how smart is this little girl. I thought happily, her little hands wrapping around my neck gently.

She pulled away after the little hug she gave me, smelling at my top.

"You smell yummy, is that pertumes?" She asked, struggling to pronounce the word perfume.

"Perfume." I nodded, pulling her hair up into even pigtails that were previously sitting on her head wonky.

"Thank you." She stood on my lap, planting a kiss on my cheek.