Chapter 13

"Hey Ava, can we speak to you please?" Maceo asked.

The moment I was dreading finally arrived, I thought about ditching but I knew they were going to corner me one day anyway and I'm slightly curious what they want with me.

"Okay." Placing Beau on Nadia's lap, I quickly promised I'd be back and followed behind Maceo. I was already dressed in my clothes I arrived in since I was done swimming.

Zade and Blaine shared a look in the corner of my eye, I turned to Zade hoping he'd get the pleading look I gave him to tag along.

Getting my silent message him and Blaine soon caught up to us and smiled down at me as we walked at Maceo's pace.

We walked through the house and down a long hallway leading to dark wooden double-doors. Maceo opened the door and stepped aside to let me and the other two enter. Christopher was already in the room, it looked like a study or some kind of office, a huge mahogany desk sat in the center of the room with an office chair and leather couches in the front of it. Book cases lined the walls with a small bar sitting in the corner.

Christopher sat in a chair next to the couches, tapping away at his phone, his head snapped up as soon as he heard us enter.

"Have a seat on one of the couches." Maceo said politely.

"Thanks." I offered a smile, sitting down and making room for Zade and Blaine.

Maceo and Christopher were side glancing at each other so I broke the silence.

"So what did you guys want to talk about?" I asked confidently even though I didn't feel confident, I knew how to conceal my real emotion and show a different one very well.

"Right, so we. Me and Christopher wanted to ask a couple of questions regarding you being Vee." He said, I appreciated that he cut to the chase.

"Why?" I asked, my facials turning stoic but I remained respectful.

"We have tried getting in contact with your manager but he's been ignoring us, you have quite the reputation." Christopher said, his face serious.

"Sorry, that's kind of my fault, I tell him not to reply to anyone, I don't even know why he made business cards in the first place." I said, trying to hold in my laugh at the thought of Kota and his silly cards.

"Where did you learn how to fight?" Maceo asked.

I threw up a guarded face almost immediately at the question, it was just too personal and if I gave them my answer, they'll ask more questions and I don't know these people enough to lay my whole life story out in front of them and lead them to my brother.

"We aren't going to hurt you or anything, you have my word." Christopher said, his voice softer then I've ever heard it.

"You have my word too." Maceo smiled.

"Your words mean nothing to me." I stated.

"You're right, they don't." A flash of surprise drifted through both their eyes but it left just as fast as it showed.

"They aren't going to do anything, they just want to understand you." Zade's comforting voice spoke next to me.

"Why do you need to understand me?" I stared at them all.

"We want to make a deal with you." Christopher said, surprising me and the other two who sat next to me.

"We know you and your brother's situation and." He carried on but I cut him off.

"Don't drag my brother into this, you don't know anything about us." I said through clench teeth.

"Ava Catia Vice, you hold the title for the best female boxer in the country but you're only known as Catia Vice in the industry. Grayson Vice, 16, blonde hair, blue eyes, looks exactly like your mother. Hayze Vice and Maya Vice are your parents, died in a car crash about a year ago. Kota Steve's, 60, his wife passed, no kids and lives close by, everything on you three are in here." Christopher said, placing a brown folder in front of me.