"So you're the flower shop punk." Pidge laughed.

"Our older sister owns the place, it's a punishment..." I grumbled.

"Yeah, with not much of a punishment." Lanny chuckled.

"Shut up." I sighed.

"So that means you and Allura aren't dating anymore?" Pidge asked.

I shook my head, "You didn't actually cheat on her, did you?" Hunk questioned.

I shook my head again as Lanny explained the situation, "She cheated on him, and he never brought it up. Then he found his soul mate, and figured he might as well forget Allura... Then the guy Allura cheated on Lance with, saw Lance on his date and took pictures!"

"Pictures?" Pidge asked, a mischievous tone in her voice.

Lanny shook her head, "Ryan has them."

My eyes drifted to a certain boy across the room. I saw a very shaky Keith walking over to the table. We made eye contact and he gave a small smile as he sat down next to Pidge.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, he looked shaken up.

"I'll tell you later..." He breathed, avoiding my gaze at all costs.

I nodded as Pidge and Lanny noticed Keith had sat down at the table.

"Don't you work at the flower shop, Keith?" Pidge asked, smiling devilishly.

He only nodded, not even looking her way. "So that means..." Pidge smiled. "That's cute." She chuckled before her, Hunk, and Lanny starting talking again.

I looked at Keith, he kept looking back at the table I used to sit at. I looked over at them and saw Ryan looking at me. I stared back at him and realised why Keith was shaky.

I guess I hadn't realised what people would do to Keith.

/|\

"What did they do?" I questioned.

Keith and I had just gotten to the flower shop. As soon as we were inside and alone, I asked him.

"Ryan threatened me... It's not that I can't defend myself, it's that..." He trailed off as his hands started shaking.

"What..?" I asked calmly, taking his shaking hands into my own.

"I've been bullied... Many times... I'm terrified..." He breathed, he looked up at me with glossy eyes.

"I'll protect you... I wouldn't let them hurt you." I sighed.

"I know." He chuckled. "It's just... They might hurt you, and I wouldn't want you too get hurt because of me..."

"Really, Keith. This is my fault." I shook my head. "Please tell me if anyone says or does anything."

He nodded as he pulled his hands away from me, taking a step back and looking down.

I stepped closer and took his chin in my hand, tilting his head so he was looking at me, "Don't feel weak because I'm protecting you. You're pretty strong, you say you've been bullied before and I'm guessing it was because of what you wear, right?" Keith nodded the best he could. "You never let that change what you wore. I'm sure you never let it change you. The only difference is that if they so much as lay a finger on you, I'll punch their teeth in..." I chuckled, moving my hand from Keith's chin.

He smiled at me. "You really are an idiot." He sniffled.

"Yeah... I know." I smiled back. He shook his head as he walked past me, probably to start doing actual work.

I walked behind the counter as Keith checked for any dying flowers. The door bell jiggled and Lavender walked in.

"How's the shop? Everything okay?" She asked, walking over to me.

"Everything is fine, Lav." I sighed.

"Good... What about Keith?" She whispered, obviously asking to see how well he worked in the store.

"Breathtaking..." I breathed, smiling lightly.

She giggled. "That not what I meant-"

"I know." I shook my head, "He really likes working here. He's good at it too..."

"Lanny told me about what happened with Allura, and why this isn't a punishment, like at all." She chuckled.

"Let me work here, please?" I begged.

"I wasn't going to give you another punishment... What your going through seems like enough." She signed.

"Thank you...?"

Lavender shook her head, "I'll see you later." She turned and left the shop.

"I can't believe this is a punishment for you." Keith chuckled.

"It's not much of one. It just gives me more time to stare at the most beautiful flower."

"And what flower would that be?"

"You." I chuckled.

He shook his head before turning his back to me and walking off. He worked more then I did, which meant I wasn't lying when I said it gave me more time to look at him. Because from to time time, that's all I did. Taking in all that he is, absolutely beautiful... He is kind of just like a flower.

I swear I'll protect him. Nobody will stand in my way, not Ryan, not Allura... No one.

--------
~Word Count: 1373~
oh woah what's this.
it's 12am and I have to wake up in 6 hours.
I can't wait to write the next chapter...
I love writing this book.
The next chapter will be like 100% (more like 70%) plot driven.
Anyway.
I watched Emo The Musical today? It's amazing. If you haven't seen it, you are missing out.
It's on Netflix and I like highly suggest it (I'm talking to you, Blue.)
yeah.
Okay.
Bye.
-Lance💙