If you had looked at Aiden now you would have seen a genuinely pleased man, but if you had seen his frustrated sigh only second ago you would understand that he was everything but that.

"So, first things first, we have trial week." Aiden's father says.

"What?" I ask bluntly. Aiden's father looks taken aback at my sudden tone. I hold back an eye roll.

We were gonna be family, he had to get used to this or else he's in for a very big surprise.

"Trial week is something we put in the contract, it states that you have a week before the wedding to test out the conditions in the contract and then through out it negotiate them accordingly, if both of you and we agree." My father steps in and explains as Aiden's father hesitates slightly in confusion.

"When does that start?" I ask.

"Well the details of the wedding are already made. The venue is available and your mothers took care of all the details. We don't want to delay the process so I see no reason then to make the wedding in a week," Aiden's father says, looking at my father to agree.

My eyebrows furrowed at Aiden's father. If you're looking at confirmation from anyone it should be the bride and groom.

"Actually, no." I step in. I wasn't going to let my 'father-in-law' think that he had control over my life.

If I was stuck in this family forever, I might as well have control of my own life.

"Excuse me?" Aiden's father as all four heads snap in my direction. I saw Aiden's lips curl up into a smirk as he knows what's about to come.

"You have any inquires about the wedding you ask Aiden and I, since according to my knowledge we are the ones actually getting married not you and my father." I state, crossing my hands across my chest.

"Excuse me?!" Aiden's father snaps at my attitude, clearly not used to someone taking back.

"I also want all the wedding details to be seen by me first. Once again, it's our wedding so naturally I wouldn't want to be surprised by how it looks when I actually arrive." I continue.

"Listen here, young lady. You didn't even know this wedding was going to happen a week ago!" He snaps back.

"Yes, yet you did and we still haven't gotten our engagement present." I say as I lean into Aiden's chest and giving his father a wide and fake smile.

His father was literally speechless, stuttering slightly before he yells, "Aiden! Control your wife! This attitude will not be tolerated!"

My blood boiled at his statement, this was a perfect example of everything wrong in the world.

"Actually, I think she's handling the situation very well." Aiden says back as he wraps an arm around me.

"You never change! You always go against me!" Aiden's father yells at him, before pointing at me,"And you! You think you can handle this world?! I was trying to make the transition from homeless whore to the wife of a millionaire easier!"

"Homeless whore is much better then arrogant cheat, which is exactly what you are," I start, unhooking myself from Aiden's arms and walking towards his father, "And don't think I'll be flattered if you call me the wife of a millionaire because I don't know if you have noticed but my father is giving me his company, that means I would have the chance to make money myself, understood? I don't need some asshole's validation on my previous lifestyle neither do I need your help adjusting to a different one. I will deal with our mothers and wedding details, your only concern should be attending the wedding. Now please, leave me and my husband to be alone we have a lot of things to discuss." I finish calmly.