Chapter 17 - Shopping

Start from the beginning

"Harry!" Severus calls, and he hears Harry's surprisingly heavy footsteps coming near.

Harry runs up to him, grinning from ear to ear. "Yes dad?"

"Winny will be here in a little bit. Tell her what you want to eat, then go upstairs to unpack." Severus says, waving his wand, the suitcase disappearing with a pop.

Harry gasps in surprise. "Where'd it go??"

Severus smiles. "To your room. Third floor, fourth door on the left. Your bathroom is connected to your room."

Harry grins just as Winny appears.

"Master Snape! Master Harry Potter!" Her squeaky voice said. "Winny is here to prepare dinner!"

"Good." Severus nods. "You know what I like. Harry, tell her what you want to eat. Make sure it's reasonably healthy."

Harry nods, telling Winny what he wanted before quickly heading to his room.

When Harry enters his room, his mouth opens into an 'O' in surprise.

It was huge! And it was just a bedroom!

He grins and runs over to his suitcase, beginning to unpack it and put everything in its proper place.

His clothes neatly in the dresser.

His photo album on the desk.

The framed photo of his parents on his bedside table, as well as the repaired alarm clock.

He organized his school supplies, his homework, his quills and ink, and school robes.

No more Dursley's.

No more Dudley's gang.

No more Ron.

This was starting to feel like a dream come true.

Yeah, maybe he had to worry about Voldemort still, but that was okay.

Harry finished admiring his work and came downstairs, seeing Severus crouched down in front of the fireplace, talking.

A woman's face was in the flames, her hair white and black.

"Draco asked me about allowing him to join you at your manor all summer."

Severus nods. "That is correct."

She sighs softly. "I will send him tomorrow evening, then. Lucius still hasn't returned. Do you know what happened to him?"

"He was killed during the war."

She gasps softly. "He's.."

"Dead, yes. Draco doesn't seem too bothered, however."

She sighs softly. "I.. I must go. I will send Draco tomorrow evening at 6:00."

"Very well."

Severus stands up straight as the woman disappears, the flames returning to normal.

"Who was that?" Harry asks curiously, and Severus turns around.

"Narcissa."

"Marissa..?"

"Nar-cis-sa." Severus corrects. "She is Draco's mother."

"Oh.. So Draco's coming tomorrow?"

Severus nods. "Perhaps we should go shopping today."

"Shopping? What for?"

"Clothes. And toys for you. I don't have many things here, being that it's always only been me, so we, if you like, could go to a muggle store and Diagon Alley so you can find some things of your liking."

Harry smiles. "Okay!"

"Now, Winny has dinner ready, so let us not allow perfectly good food to go to waste."

Harry nods with a grin and follows Severus into the kitchen eagerly.

Harry sits at the table across from Severus, staring in awe at the table full of food.

Winny sure went all out.. This was the most food that he'd ever seen outside of Hogwarts, minus the times when he went to the supermarket with the Dursley's.

Harry immediately dug in, not noticing Severus's look of amusement.

An hour later, Harry sighs with content, leaning back in his seat.

He was stuffed.

"Once you rest a little bit, we can go to the muggle stores for the things I promised you." Severus says, Harry nodding with a smile. "Okay dad."

Harry hops off his chair and lays down on the couch to nap for a little bit.

Half an hour later, Severus wakes him up. "Get ready to go soon. We'll go to the muggle shops first, then Diagon Alley."

Harry nods and sits up, yawning.

Not long later, Harry was taking ahold of Severus's arm, and they were apparated to an alleyway in the muggle world.

"We will get your clothes first, then focus on toys."

Harry nods in agreement.

By the time they got back, Harry had fallen asleep, and Severus had to carry him, the clothes and toys shrunk, and in his pockets.

Severus tucked Harry into bed and enlarged the items they'd bought, laying them out carefully on his bookshelf.

He left the room after taking one last glance to the sleeping child.

He smiles a bit, closing the door behind him as he headed off to get ready for bed himself.

----------
Dear readers,
Something drastic has happened, and I'm pretty.. Broken, at the moment.
I can't seem to stop crying, and I can't sleep well.
I'm not sure when I'll get the next chapter out. I'm really sorry. I know I had that haitus a while back, but.. I just need to collect myself and come to terms with things before writing again.
Again, I'm really sorry.
Please understand.

- Toby