Chapter 1- The Pretty On Her Way

"Goddamnit Becca!" Says my mother as I blast prettymuch in the car, "not again".
-Mom I can't believe I'm gonna see Zion again ugh it's been too long so let me breathe!- I say yelling so she can hear my voice underneath the loud music. We're driving to the airport where I'm going to catch a flight to LA. It's the first time I'm going alone somewhere and I'm so excited I might actually explode. To make things better I'm coming to see my friend which I haven't seen in about 2 years since he moved to Los Angeles with a group of 4 guys to start a boyband "Prettymuch". We've kept in touch but it's not the same. I miss him like hell, he's like a brother to me.
-Okay you can cool down the music imma call Z to let him know I'm almost in the airport.
My mom smiles, happily turning down the music. But as she reaches for the button I yell "NO MOM FORGET IT ITS NICKS HIGH NOTE" I sing along to Nicks voice and my mom looks at me laughing.
-Okay you can turn it down now- I say.
I reach for my phone and call Zion on FaceTime. He picks up and I see him laying in bed and rubbing his eyes.
-Seriously noodle head? You still sleeping?
-Yoo It's earlier here okay? Gimme a break headass.
I roll my eyes and take on a mischievous smile.
-What?- he asks grunting.

-I might be on my way to the airport right now

Zion's eyes turn wide and he stands up straight in his bed.
-Becca you told me you were only coming next year what the fuck?-he screams.
-LANGUAGE MISTER KUWONU- yells my mom.
Zion takes on a "oops I fucked up" look and says:
-I'm sorry Mrs.Tremblay.
My mom laughs.
-I know I told you that but my mom let me come this year and I got the flight tickets and also the concert tickets...
-YO YOU'RE GONNA SEE US PERFORM HOLY FUCK.
-ZIIIIIOOOONNNN-yells my mom.
-At least he used the word "holy" this time ma- I reply and he lets out a giggle.
-Honey we're almost there end the call you'll have plenty of time together when you land- says my mom.
-We will- I say and wink at Zion, he smiles wide and chuckles.
-Ahh I'm so excited to see you B.
-Me too Z, love ya boy.
-Love ya more.
I end the call and we get to the airport.
My mom and I unload the baggage and she leads me to the gate. We say our goodbyes and I head towards the luggage check. When I get in the plane later that day all my insecurities vanish. This is gonna be the trip of a lifetime I'm sure of it.