Chapter 1: Abandoned

Let's start, shall we? :)

***

The most infuriating sound in the whole world went off and I hastily throw the covers off my naked body. With a heavy sigh, I turn off the alarm clock on my bedside table and I stand in all of my glory. I just loveeee to sleep butt-naked. What? I have nothing to hide and it saves me some time and hassle from choosing my pajamas.

My alarmed blared up again. I hit snooze instead of off. Ugh. Nobody likes Mondays. Why do I have to wake up every 7 am just so I will not be late on attending that hell hole again? Oh right. That hell hole happens to be school. As my dad used to tell me "Education is the key to success and school gives you the education you need." Bullshit.

A knock interrupts my tantrums, making me dive into the privacy of my covers. I have nothing to hide, yes, but it doesn't mean I would go around flaunting my sexy butt.

"Denise Elizabeth, breakfast is served. Are you awake already?" Carol. Ugh. 

I would love to get rid of her someday. She's too strict and stucked up for her own good. She is cold, stoic, and may I say bitch most of the time towards the younger maids and servants as well as to me. If you think that her being my nanny makes her my mother figure, you got it wrong.

"Yes. I'll be down there in 30." I hear my one hell of a nanny's footstep fading behind the doors and I let out a sigh. Looks like I need to get ready for school.

I sashayed my way to the bathroom and stand in front of the full-length mirror adjacent to the shower. I stared at the evergreen pools in front of me, scrutinizing me with the same intensity.

My curly almost white-blonde hair was long enough to cover my exposed chest, the pale white complexion, as well as the straight pointed nose together with the forest green eyes I have, was the only remaining memory of my mom. I took them after her. A smile crept to my lips. I owe mom a whole lot of things and my appearance is one of them.

My gaze landed on my pinkish lips and oval face, the only thing I got from my Dad. My standing height of 5"9 can be from either of the two. Daddy loves to parade me around saying I am both beauty and brain. I took my mom's beauty, dad's burning pursuit of knowledge, and both of their passion to discover and create new valuable things.

I stare back at my eyes. Gosh. I'm losing it. My mom's image is turning hazy after 10 years of not seeing her. I could've saved at least one picture but my Dad took all of them with him upon his departure 7 years ago. I'm not angry at them. I'm just conflicted because I was left clueless about their reasons.

Yes. I am alone for more than half of my life. To say that I miss them is an understatement. They both leave without even explaining to me why must they abandon me at a very young age. I am left alone with my nanny. I haven't heard from the both of them since then. Well not directly to them, they leave messages through Andreì, my driver and personal bodyguard. 

Yeah sure. Trust the driver over me. I scoffed at that.