Chapter 9

Short chapter but you will see why. 

Cico pushed herself up in the tub as she heard the door to the room open and close. When Abby had left ten minutes earlier, Cico opened the door and grabbed the comforter from the other bed. Pushing the comforter down and out of her face, she listened as Adrian walked around in the room and when he stopped walking around she laid back down.

Cico? She covered her ears, like that would help and pulled the blanket over her head. Are you at least awake? I'm sorry about Abby, she speaks without thinking. If you want you could have my room and I'll sleep on the floor in the living room with Abby. Please don't be upset. Cico stared at the side of the white tub with a blank look on her face and feeling empty inside.

Why was she handling that comment like that? She should be happy that he didn't want her but after last night and him trying to get her back into bed with him, she thought maybe, just maybe, that he did want her. Closing her eyes, she fought back the tears that wanted to break through and had to clear her throat.

“This is room 221 B, we had an accident last night and the TV got broken. I will replace it and was wondering if you could send another one up,” Cico heard Adrian say on the phone. “Yes, sir. I understand. Thanks anyway.” He slammed the phone down and walked out of the room. Letting out a sigh, Cico sat up and stared at her door. Slowly, she got out of the tub and walked over to the door.

Opening the door not even an inch wide, Cico looked out to see Adrian gone. Looking over at the destroyed TV, guilt hit her and she slid down to the floor and started to cry. He had to pay for a TV she broke and he was upset all because of her. If she wasn't here there wouldn't be any trouble, and that is all she has been. Her reaction to Abby got Adrian mad and he left, her breaking the TV got him mad, and if Abby ends up dying because of her then Adrian would be so mad he might kill her.

Staring at the crush TV, Cico stood up as she wiped at her eyes and walked out of the bathroom. Stopping at the TV she knelled down and stared at it as an idea came to mind. Thinking back to when she was in the car with Abby and Adrian had the car keys, she closed her eyes. Not knowing how she actually got the keys into her hands, she focused on the TV infront of her and imagined it fixed. Focusing hard, she heard sounds coming from the TV but was afraid to open her eyes. Trying to keep her focus on the TV, she closes her eyes tighter and focused harder until the sound stopped. Opening her eyes, she found the TV fixed.

Standing up, she picked up the TV and sat it on the table and went back to the bathroom to get the comforter out of the tub. After she fixed the cold bed from last night and then the bed she shared with Adrian, she looked around before grabbing the note pad off of the bedside table. Leaving a note for Adrian to find when he came back, she looked for her pocket book and checked the windows to see if anyone was waiting for her.

Once she saw that the parking lot was safe and clear she walked out of the room and headed to her car that Adrian must have driven from the restraint. As she pulled out her keys she realized that she had them with her the whole time, so how had he gotten her car here? Pulling out of the parking lot, she looked around to see where she was and once she got herself going in the right direction, her thoughts went back to Adrian and what has happened.

She couldn't go home because if she did then Adrian knew where to look. It would be the first place he would go and he would be pissed when he finds out she left without telling him. She would have to dump her car too, which sucked since she just paid it off last month. The only person she could go to now was Andy. He was the only person she really knew. She would also have to call into work. She could use her vacation time if she had too.