Chapter 7

Adrian sat on the last step for half an hour rocking Cico until she stopped crying and fell asleep in his arms. He never thought that he would be sitting here, worrying for a human, or for anyone. When he was back at headquarters in Hell the other demons always joked about him having no feelings for his kind. He was never put in the spot of torturing humans, but when they would come through crying out in fear or pain, he would watch them with no emotions what so ever. Death said that would come in handy one day, Adrian didn't think so but he kept his thought to himself.

Now as Adrian was ordering Abby and himself some pizza, he couldn't stop thinking about all the death that had been thrown at Cico. Since Abby showed up Adrian had given up on the job he was sent to do. He couldn't leave Abby by herself and he couldn't get Cico off of his mind. How was he supposed to work when he has two girls on his mind? Something was telling him that he shouldn't get involved with Cico but he couldn't forget about her, no matter how hard he tried.

Throwing his cell phone onto the other bed, he looked over at a sleeping Cico and ran his hands through his hair. What Cico had told him bothered him. He was still confused about earlier with the flames and was trying to figure out if there was any connection with the events. The only thing that he could connect was the fire in the room to the story of her orphanage on fire.

Adrian was so deep in thought that he didn't notice the flowers coming out of the floor and the soft snow fall in the room. The door to the room closed and a loud gasp snapped Adrian out of his thoughts. Looking up he saw Abby by the door and he noticed the state of the room. He shot up and looked over at Cico and saw a small smile on her face.

Adrian put a finger up to his lips as he looked over at Abby and pointed to Cico. Abby was so surprised that she couldn't say anything. She couldn't move and Adrian was busy watching Cico, seeing if he could figure out what was going on. Just as fast as the snow and flowers started, it all changed. Instead of flowers, trees where coming out of the ground and it was pouring down rain. Thunder and lightening flashed and hit a tree, knocking it down. Landing on the TV, Cico let out a scream.

Without thinking, Adrian was on the bed wrapping his arms around Cico. She cried out again as another tree fail and barely missed Abby as she jumped out of the way. Adrian smoothed her hair, trying to get her to calm down. “Cico, it's okay. You are safe, nothing will happen to you, I swear on my life,” Adrian yelled over the rain. The rain slowed down and was beginning to stop as he pulled her into his lap.

“What is going on Adrian? What is going on with her?” Abby whispered. Adrian rested his chin on Cico's head as he ran his hand through the end of her hair. Letting out a heavy sigh he looked up at Abby.

“I don't know. Trust me, I'm trying my best to figure out what is going on with her. The only thing I can think of is that she's part demon. Every time something like this happens, it happens while she is asleep. I think what ever she fears happens. It could be the only explanation to all of this,” he said looking around the room. It had stopped raining and they were back in their room.

“Uhm, until we know what is going on I hope if you don't mind, but I'll rent the room next door. You stay here with Cico and make sure she doesn't get hurt or anything. Is that okay?” Adrian stood up and laid Cico under the covers and walked over to Abby.

“If anything happens scream, or do what you have to,” he said pulling her into a hug. “You know I love you right? I might not love you the way you would wish, but as the demon who has seen you through your ups and downs with your gift, I love you like a daughter. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you.”