Chapter 3

No! You said you wouldn't go, you said you would never leave me,” Cico yelled as she held Adrian lifeless in her lap. “Come back to me! You can't go!” she cried as she covered her body with her's as tears fell on to his face and into his long pale hair. Someone came up behind her and reached for her shoulder. Cico jerked away from the hand and stood up with Adrian still in her arms.

Cico, honey, I'm sorry but it's the way of life,” a women Cico had never seen before said as she reached out for her. “People come and go, you can't avoid death.”

I can try! He said he wouldn't leave me! Everyone leaves me and he said he wouldn't!” Cico cried looking down and into her arms. She dropped to her knees and laid him back down. Pushing his hair out of his eyes Cico kissed him on the lips before putting her hand over his heart.

Cico! No! You can't do this, it's time for him to die!” the women yelled running forward before a wave of light came out of Cico's hand, sending the women through the air and into a wall. When the light came back to where Cico's hand laid, Cico held her breath until Adrian sucked in a lung full of air. She threw herself at Adrian and cried even more than she did when he had died to save her.

Cico, what did you do? How did you do that?” he asked as color came back to his face and hair. He reached up and placed his hand on the side of her face and moved it to the back of her neck and pulled her in for a kiss of his own. “You are one crazy girl, and you're mine.”

Cico shoot up in bed right as Adrian had kissed her and wanted to kick herself for ending the dream so soon but something outside had woken her up. She sat in her bed trying to catch her breath and listened some more. Slowly, Cico got out of bed and reached for the small gun she had in her bedside table. From all of the time she has been on her own, she never felt safe so she got a gun license when she was old enough to have one at 18 and kept it in her bedside table.

She didn't know what she might find outside and grabbed the house phone as she walked out into the living room and listened. There was a soft bang outback and someone muffled something. Cico stopped where she was. There was someone outside trying to get in. Cico didn't want to use the gun but if it came to it she would have to. She slowly walked towards the glass sliding backdoor and began to open it.

“Don't shot! I'm not here to hurt you!” a girl yelled holding up her hands when Cico pulled the gun on the girl who was hiding in some bushes. The girl stood up from behind the bush and slowly walked over to Cico with her hands still up in the air. “Please put the gun down, I hate guns.”

“Well you should have thought about that before you began to sneak around my house in the middle of the night,” Cico said still holding her gun. “So I'm sorry if the gun scares you, but it makes me feel safe.”

“Well, okay Animal but please do something about your hair before you kill me. I don't want the last thing I see is someone's crazy hair,” she said stopping a few feet away from Cico.

“Animal? What?”

“You haven't seen the Muppet? Animal has crazy hair and if you haven't seen yours right now, you look just like him,” she said trying not to laugh.

“Well I didn't have time to brush it when I heard someone outside. You woke me up from a great dream I was having by the way, now tell me why you are here,” Cico said.

“Put the gun away and let me sit and I will explain why I am here,” the girl said as she pointed to a chair on the back porch. Cico thought about it and looked down to Adrian's house. If she needed help she would just yell for him and hope he hears her. She lowered the gun and put on the safety as she sat it down on the table with her hand still on it.