Chapter 2

Cico left work at five that afternoon and by six she was ready for bed. Pizza was on the way and she had a movie popped in in the DVD player. While she was waiting for the pizza to show up, Cico was drying her hair and was studying the red streaks in her hair when there was a knock at her door. It was too early for the pizza man. She put down the hair dryer and grabbed a dry towel and rubbed her hair dry as she looked through the peep hole in the door. It was Adrian.

Cico didn't open the door as he continued to knock. Maybe if I don't answer he will leave, Cico thought as she backed away from the door. “I know you are there,” he said through the door. When she looked through the peep hole again she saw him leaning against her front porch, watching the door. She let out a heavy sigh and opened the door slowly.

Adrian slowly stood up straight as his eyes turned dark. Without thinking, Cico started to close the door a little more but still kept it open. She looked up at him nervously and was too scared to say anything. “You need to be careful with who you are friends with,” he said as he pushed the door opened more. He looked into her living room and kitchen and then back to her. “You alone?” he asked.

Was it really a good idea to tell a stranger that you are home alone? Cico asked herself before nodding. Next thing Cico knew it, she was pushed up against the wall next to the front door and Adrian was running his nose up and down her throat. No one had ever done this to her and she didn't know what to do. All she could do was hold her breath as he held her arms down by her side. His mouth started to go north and was on the corner of her mouth when he stopped and pulled back from her.

“Where you planning on going tomorrow?” he asked in a low voice. It was so low Cico almost missed it. All she could do was let out the breath she had been holding and tired not to show how nervous she was around him. “Where you? I need to know,” he said sounded mad this time.

“No, no I wasn't. Why?” she finally answered. At the cafe she got a good vibe off of him but now she wasn't so sure. His eyes were still dark and the way he was acting was scaring her. Of all the time she had been here, Adrian was the first person to ever be in her house. If her wall wasn't to her back already she would have tried to back away from him. He was scaring her.

Slowly his eyes cleared back to his normal light blue and he stepped back a few feet as if he could tell he was making her scared. He didn't answer her but took her hand and took her into her own living room and sat her down on the couch. Adrian walked into the kitchen and Cico watched as he found her mugs without much trouble and started to make her some hot chocolate.

While the water heated up Adrian looked around the walls and on the fridge, what he was looking for Cico didn't know. She moved herself so that she was laying across the couch and continued to watch Adrian as he looked around her house. There were no pictures on her walls and nothing to show that she has family or friends. On the wall to the kitchen there was a bookcase full of books and movies and the family that would never die because of her.

A few minutes later Adrian walked back into the room with a steaming mug and handed it to Cico. She took it as she lifted an eyebrow and sat up. “Are you going to tell me why you pretty much threw me against a wall?” she asked taking a small sip.

“Sorry about that, I don't even know why I did that. I just came to make sure you weren't going tomorrow. I know you have no reason to believe me but your friend at the cafe is bad news and I just...”

“Just wanted to make sure I didn't go and something happen?” she asked, finishing the sentence for him even though she said it as a question. “I have been taking care of myself for a long time, I don't need strangers to keep me safe,” she mumbled as she sat her mug down. Adrian didn't say anything but went back to looking around the room.