Chapter 16 - Angry Decisions - Thursday Night, Mid-May

CALLING HECTOR

.

Hector: hello.

Michelle: hi, I wanted to ask you something.

Hector: sure.

Michelle: How did you hear about that rumor with Chris and Clay?

Hector: there were rumors for a while now.

Michelle: what?

Hector: yeah, but we didn't care, they really help the team make the playoff three years in a row. We had two gay players our freshman year. Ivan and Kendall were dating each other, so people started rumors about the whole team, saying we were having orgies and shit.

Michelle: people are so dumb sometimes.

Hector: but Clay and Chris been friends since they was like 10 or something.

Michelle: [corrects Hector] eight, but do you think it's true.

Hector: it's possible they might be, but like I said we didn't care, why you ask?

Michelle: just because I thought we'd... well [starts to sob] you know finally get together.

Hector: Michelle, please don't cry, why you waiting for him, if he wanted you he would have done something already, as much as you two would do together. I think you wasting your time with him. You fine as fuck, why you feeling that dude, I'll never understand. You know what, sometimes the rumors that people deny are very true. If anyone knows him it's you. I know you and him go way back, but you deserve someone that wants you, and only you.

Michelle: [sobbing] so I guess you think it's true?

Hector: I think so.

Michelle: Hector, last week, I gave him my virginity. [crying]

Hector: oh shit... [grimacing]

Michelle: now I wish I hadn't, I mean there are so many rumors about him now. I don't know what to think.

Hector: can we talk in person?

Michelle: yeah, come over.

Hector: alright, I'll be there in a few.

Michelle: thanks, I'll be ready in a few minutes.

.

ENDS CALL

.

When Hector arrives at Michelle's house, she opens the door before he rings the bells. She lets him know she changed her mind.

.

Michelle: let's just go to your place, I don't even wanna be this close to him.

Hector: okay, got the house all to myself right now.

Michelle: good I wanna get something to drink and forget about today.

Hector: okay, if that's what you want.

Michelle: I want to forget about Chris too, I was thinking about deleting everything we made together.

Hector: damn, you love those videos y'all made [as he opens the passenger door for her]

Michelle: I don't want to talk about him.

Hector: we can do whatever you want.

Michelle: good, let's go.