Chapter 9 - A Beautiful Duet - Saturday Evening, Early May

The next day, Michelle calls Chris and tells him her idea to relive the good old days of singing together. Chris also wanted to take a break from Clay to avoid his feelings. Michelle was the female love of Chris' life, they had a similar sense of humor and a love of music and dance. They began their friendship while in the middle school's chorus class when it was discovered the beautiful voices they both had. Often getting to sing the lead together, having them around each other almost as much as Chris would hang out with Clay.

The fact that they lived right across the street from each made it easier for them to catch feelings for each other. They shared their first real kiss, first date, middle school prom, and high school junior prom dates. They never made it official, but many people had started rumors about them from their freshman year in high school. Chris genuinely cares for Michelle, and if he weren't having the thoughts about men, he would have fully committed to becoming her boyfriend. Since he was thinking about Clay as much as he did, he decided not to pursue anything with Michelle and end up breaking her heart.

They were so happy to see each other, it had been three weeks since they last performed together. They decided to make a few videos, Michelle chose to do "Please Don't Disturb – Teyana Taylor and Chris Brown" and "The Beautiful Ones – Prince." After setting up the room, the cameras and lights, Chris plans the choreography for the videos. They did some rehearsing, and Michelle says they need someone to operate the camera, so they could do the scenes faster.

.

Michelle: we gonna need someone to work the camera, what about Clayton?

Chris: no, he and Kim are having their usual drama.

Michelle: Again? [shaking her head] Why can't he see she only pays him attention when she needs something or got baby daddy drama? He can get any girl he wants, why he with her ghetto ass anyways? She must have that "Dyson" suction going on.

Chris: [laughing] Oh my God, that's so fucking funny. I didn't know you had some hood in you.

Michelle: Hood? Not this classy lady, [laughing] I'm just saying what you were thinking.

Chris: let's try to get Luis.

Michelle: okay, he's such a cutie.

Chris: why all the girls keep talking about how cute he is. I mean, he's alright, if you like that Puerto Rican pretty boy type.

Michelle: yes, I do like that type, I mean he's fine, with his mocha brown Latino skin, hmm.

Chris: Finer than me? [says with a sad face]

Michelle: of course not, you're my [pointing to herself] future baby daddy, don't be jelly

Chris: you know it.

Michelle: okay, let's call Luis.

.

They decide to call Luis and see if he wants to come over and help them out, he agrees. Not more than five minutes later he's ringing the doorbell, Michelle gets the door.

.

Luis: hey, thanks for inviting me, Katia got Kemberly over. I had to get outta there.

Michelle: oh okay, the double K's, ugh... well, thanks for getting here so fast. [saying as she hugs him]

.

After a quick demonstration of the video equipment, everything is all set and ready to go. Luis hits play to start the instrumental. Michelle gets in character, dances seductively.

.

Michelle: Let me satisfy you tonight

Go inside sit on my couch, oh