67 - "I think I want children."

Start from the beginning

The house we found in the end was a bargain because a lot of work needed to be done and so far all we've really been able to tackle is the kitchen en living room. That leaves the bathroom that is still in a nice color pattern of brown and green tiles. After moving in I scrubbed it entirely, grossed out by it, but by now we're so used to it that we're also not really in a hurry to do something about it. For now it is a perfect home with a small terrace at the back where the sun shines late in the evenings, a small kitchen and a large living room where we watch a lot of TV and have a dining table where many guest have already eaten our meals. 

Jason stays over a lot of times since he not the smartest with his salary and can use a free meal every now and then. I like having him around since he's always happy and brings out the best in Harry. He also only knows us as a couple and isn't judgmental in any way. All and all he's become not only a great tattoo artist but also a friend for the both of us. 

After a short but sweet nap I manage to make something with the remains of or fridge right in time for them to come home. As always they open the front door with some trouble and come barging in still talking loudly about something that happened to their day. Harry barely notices me, but does lean in to give me a kiss before sitting down at the table.

It's the little things of him that still bring a smile to my face. How he sits down and already starts to eat from the salad I made instead of waiting for us all. The way he throws his phone on the table as if to the end the day, but not being able to totally leave it alone after every notification. His eyes follow me around in a way he might not even notice himself. He's sweet to Jason who apparently decided to break up with his latest girlfriend and listens to him as Jason reads texts aloud. 

"She sounds like a bitch. How can she expect you to always be there for her, and make enough money?" Harry says and I can't hide a little sniffle. 

"What?" Jason wonders, wanting my opinion on his love trouble. 

"She's not expecting you to always be there for her, she understands that you have to work. But she might just expect a little bit more love and care during the day. Attention like a text or a call during break can be enough for some of us girls," I say and Harry can't hide him rolling his eyes. "Some of us. Other's want attention all day long, that's right."

"She has too high standards," Harry adds to prove his point. "And I don't get why money should be an issue. That's your own business and not her problem."

"Well, it is if I can never take her anywhere. I can't expect her to bring her on a date here."

"No, not this one. I don't like her," Harry says, "but other's are more than welcome."

"Are we pimping out our house?" I ask him and Harry can't hide his smile. 

"For Jason, yes."

"You don't have to," Jason laughs. "You're not my parents. Although you sometimes feel like you are."

"Well, that does it for me, Jason. I'm only a couple of years older than you. I can't possible your mother."

"No of course not, but you are like a base here in London. That's what I mean. This is home for me, too."

"Oh," I look at him, blinking a couple of times, "if you put it like that then you are more than welcome to have the house for a night. It might be the only reason Harry is willing to leave it and do something fun with me."

"The same goes for you, love. You can't expect me to give you full time attention and make money at the same time," Harry says, directing himself to me.

"You could if you'd let Jason pay rent for one night. You'd earn money, and be able to do something fun with me."

He rolls his eyes again, making Jason smile.