Chapter 16 - The Attack

Start from the beginning

Harry shrugs a little.

"Come on, what's wrong?"

Harry immediately hugs Lupin around the middle, beginning to cry. "I-I'm scared.." Harry whispers through his tears. "Ron's been so mean... He's been tripping me.. And glaring at me... I.. I'm scared..."

Remus watched him with worry. "Didn't Severus take care of it?"

"Y-Yeah.. But Ron got a Howler today from his mum.."

"So..?"

"He got mad at me... He glared at me.. He looked like he wanted to kill me..." Harry whispers quietly.

"Harry, listen. Severus and I, and even Sirius will do as much as we can to not let that boy touch you, okay? You'll be okay Harry. I promise."

Harry nods silently, not too sure.

"Are you going to be back in class today..?"

"Unfortunately not.. I need to rest today, but I promise I'll be back tomorrow." Lupin says gently.

Harry nods quietly. "I should probably go get ready for school.."

Lupin nods. "I'll get Winny to bring you some breakfast, okay?"

Harry nods silently, going back to his room to get a shower and get dressed.

He comes back to the living room, Lupin sitting in front of an assortment of food.

Harry sits down beside him, murmuring a quiet thanks and picks out a few things before moving to his room to eat by himself.

Harry stayed in his room until he had to go to class.

While he left, Lupin watched him with worry.

He was acting off..

Severus walked into the Defense Against the Dark Arts class, noticing there were a few students missing.

Draco and Hermione looked concerned.

"Where's Harry?" Severus asks them, the other students surprised at hearing Snape address Harry by his first name.

"I don't know.. He wasn't here when we came in."

"What about Mr.Weasley?"

"Um.." A voice spoke from across the room, and Draco and Hermione turned to him, Snape looking up to Neville.

"I heard Ron and.. Seamus and Dean talking about Harry... I didn't hear a lot but.. Something about him.."

Severus went over to him. "Did you hear where they were going?"

"Um... Bathroom..? I think..?"

Severus immediately headed for the door. "You all are dismissed. Go back to your Common Rooms." He says, and Draco and Hermione follow close behind him.

They head to the nearest boys bathroom.

"You got me in trouble." Ron scowles, his wand pointed at Harry. "I'll be lucky if my mum lets me come back here."

"It's your own fault.. You shouldn't have been mean to me.. You should have known you'd be caught.."

Ron aims a swift kick to Harry's head, making him dazed. "You sound like a bloody five year old." He scoffs. "Grow up already."

Harry sniffles, beginning to cry.

"Oh grow up!" Ron laughs. "You scared, Potter? Come on already."

Harry had a number of boils and bruises on him due to hexes and jinxes, and even physical harm.

"What did I do.." Harry says quietly, sniffling, making Ron laugh again. "You hung out with that idiot Malfoy."

"You're acting just as bad as he used to - only worse!" Harry cries. "You're worse than he ever was!"

Ron smirks. "Good."

Ron raises his wand, Dean and Seamus following his steps.

Expelliarmus!

Before they could cast any spells, their wands fly out of their hands, and Hermione catches them.

"Good job, Miss Granger." Severus compliments, earning a proud smile in return.

"You three." Severus says darkly to Ron, Dean, and Seamus. "Follow me."

Ron rolls his eyes, but Dean and Seamus look scared.

Severus walks over to Harry and gingerly picks him up. Harry buries his face in his robes and cries.

Severus heads towards his corridor, Harry in his arms as Hermione and Draco making sure the three don't escape.

When they enter the room, Lupin looks up.

"Severus wha- What's happened to Harry?"

"These three." Severus scowles as the three boys walk in, Hermione and Draco following behind them and shutting the door.

Lupin sighs. "Do you want me to call for Headmaster?"

Severus nods. "Please do. I must tend to Harry's injuries."

Lupin nods and heads to the fire as Severus takes Harry into his room and closes the door, setting him down on the bed and beginning the counter-curses.

Eventually Harry is completely healed, minus a minor concussion.

Severus brings Harry out, carrying him.

"How is he?" Lupin asks, looking up from where he was standing. Dumbledore was sitting in his own chair, the three boys were sitting on the couch, and Hermione and Draco were standing.

Severus sat down on the chair, Harry asleep.

"He has a minor concussion I wasn't able to fix, but I managed to heal the rest and undo the spells." Severus says, glaring to the three.

Dean and Seamus looked down in shame, but Ron glared back.

"I hope you know that you three are most likely going to be expelled. At the least, suspended for the rest of the year."

They say nothing.

"Albus, take them to your office, if you will. Do with them as you wish."

Dumbledore nods and stands. "Boys, follow me."

Once the four are out of the room, Draco looks over to Harry. "Is he okay..?"

Severus nods. "Just traumatized.."

Draco watches Harry silently with worry.