Chapter 14 : Family

I haven't been this excited in such a long time, it turns out I'm an Auntie! Isaac is twenty three, whereas I'm only nineteen. No wonder he's already had kids. In my mind, he's always been my sixteen year old big brother.

"Charlie?" My brother asked, a knowing smile written on his face.

"Yes?"

Wordlessly, he led me away from my bedroom desk, and nearby the foyer.

He was smiling even brighter, and my suspicions arose by the second, "You are freaking me out, what's going on?"

"Come downstairs and see," Isaac replied.

Following Isaac down the staircase, I picked up a foreign scent. Did we have visitors?

Entering the living room, I saw two people sitting on the couch, their hands folded neatly as they glanced around the room.

Turning their heads towards us three at the sound of our arrival, they gasped.

"My baby!" My mother cried out, running closer to hug me.

My father, following behind her, was equally as shocked. I hugged my parents, stifling a sob of my own. "Oh my Goddess, I can't believe this,"

My mother pulled back, her wrinkly hands gently cupping my face, "You're so grown up now," Tears streamed from her eyes as she took in my appearance.

"What's going on here?" My head turned to the left where Kayden stood. And let me tell you, he was not amused.

His eyes shifted to my parents, recognition passing through his expression, "Alpha Darius, Luna Alicia, for what are you on Royal Pack lands for today?" He asked politely, shaking hands with them.

"We're here to visit our daughter, Charlotte," My father responded, "We haven't seen her in se—"

"They just missed me," I interjected, cutting my father off before he could tell Kayden things he didn't need to know.

Kayden looked at me skeptically, "Alright," He said slowly, "I'll leave you to it,"

He began walking away, and I sighed a breath of relief. Though, it didn't last long for my mother called out to him, "Actually, why don't you stay? You are the supposed mate, are you not?"

"I'm afraid I cannot, I have a meeting in just a few minutes," He replied.

His eyes met mine, sparing me a nod. I silently thanked him, for giving me the space he promised.

My parents understood, and bade him goodbye for the time being.