☆Lloyd☆ >Face Your Fear<

Song: Try - Colbie Caillat

Request: yes! PheonixDaKiller666 (hehe sorry it took so long)

Ages: 17

Relationship Status: Friends

Word Count: 1,204

Notes: This is another high school au!

You loved singing. And you were brilliant at it. In your spare time, you would sing. Whenever you were alone you'd be listening to music or singing. But you had stage fright. The only person you'd ever sung to was your best friend, Quinn (that's my oc :D). She supported you completely with your singing, and sometimes tried to get you to perform in front of other people, which you never actually did.

"Hey! Look, a singing competition!" Quinn's shout woke you from your daydream about Lloyd as you made your way to your next class.

"What?" You asked as she made her way towards the poster.

"A singing competition! And auditions are... tomorrow! Wow, they don't really give you much time to prepare," she muttered the last part.

"Well, I hope whoever gets in is good." You said, trying to get away before Quinn dragged you into entering.

"You are good! Scratch that, you're fantastic!" She exclaimed. "You have to enter! You'll definitely win!" You turned back around to face her.

"Nope. Nuh uh. No way." You stated. "I'll freeze up, and then everyone will laugh at me, and I'll be bullied for the rest of the year, and then next year as well, and probably in college as well..." you rambled as Quinn stared at you irritably.

"Get a grip, Y/N. None of that stuff is going to happen unless you let it happen. So please, enter for me?" She asked sweetly.

You stopped rambling and took a deep breath. "Fine. Okay. I will. But if I mess up it's your fault."

Quinn smiled widely. "Finally."

~Time Skip~

That Friday you ran to school with a newfound energy. Despite the fact that you weren't the biggest fan of singing in front of people, you were desperate to see whether you'd gotten in or not. When you reached school, you made your way to the drama block to see if your name was on the list. Quinn was already there, so you sprinted over.

"I-is my name on there?" You questioned once you reached her. She turned to you with a smile.

"You bet it is!" She squealed before hugging you quickly. A small wave of relief rushed over you before reality hit you.

"That means I have to sing in front of everyone." You complained.

Quinn rolled her eyes. "You'll be fine. Now c'mon, we're gonna be late!"

You realised this and grabbed her arm, jogging down the hallways. You turned a corner and was suddenly by a strong impact, knocking you to the ground.

"I'm so sorry!" The person who you presumed knocked you over said. "Here, let me help you up." You rubbed your head and looked up to be met with a familiar face.

"T-thanks, Lloyd, " you murmured as you took his hand and he helped you up (cliché cliché I know).

"It's okay. Why are you in such a hurry?" He asked.

"How are you not in a hurry?" Quinn asked. "Class starts, like, now!" You noticed Kai there too.

"Our class is right there." The spiky haired male claimed, pointing to a door across from them.

"Oh. Well, ours is down there, so we'll be on our way." Quinn said. You looked over at Lloyd and realised your hands were still intertwined. Blushing, you pulled yours away.

"S-sorry!" You stammered, which Quinn took notice of.

"N-no, don't apologise. See you around, I guess," Lloyd shook his head before walking to his class.

"See you, strawberry," Kai winked at Quinn, going after Lloyd. Quinn blushed furiously.

"Let's go." She grabbed your arm and you hurried towards class. At lunch, you and Quinn were wandering around, bored.

"Oh, yeah! I didn't have time to tell you this morning, but I'll tell you now." Quinn stated, smirking at you.

"What is it?" You asked, slightly afraid of the answer.

"You like Lloyd~!" She teased you, smirk still written across her features. A small blush found its way to your cheeks.

"Shhh! Keep it down! And I know that you like Kai, so..." you shot back, cheekily smiling.

"You got me there." Quinn shrugged. "He's hot." You chuckled as you continued to roam around.

~Another Time Skip~

A week later and it was the day of the competition. You'd been preparing all week with the help of Quinn and were nearly ready. All you had to do was get over your stage fright when you performed. You honestly didn't think you could do it, but kept telling yourself you could. The whole school was in the auditorium, and you were making your way backstage.

"Hey! Y/N!" Someone called as they ran to you. You turned around and to your surprise, Lloyd was there.

"H-hey, Lloyd! Shouldn't you be in the auditorium?" You stuttered.

"Well, yeah, but Quinn told me you were competing and I wanted to come and wish you luck." He explained, a red hue on his cheeks.

"Thanks." You smiled warmly.

As you turned to walk away, he asked, "Do you think they'll let me come backstage with you?" Your eyes widened in surprise.

"Probably. I don't see why not." You said as you heard Lloyd cheer discreetly. When you got there, they had no problem with Lloyd being there.
After they explained everything to you, you began nervously pacing around, waiting for your turn as Lloyd comforted you.

"You can do this, Y/N." Lloyd assured you.

"How? The prospect of total humiliation in front of the entire school is terrifying!" You panicked.

Lloyd came over and placed a hand on your shoulder. "Well, if you freeze out there, N/N, just a focus on someone who makes you feel safe." Then, you heard your name be called.

"Go on!" Lloyd patted your arm and you smiled confidently at him. You made your way onto the stage and after a minute, began to sing.

"'Cause I like you." You softly finished, and the audience erupted into loud cheers. You smiled proudly as you exited the stage. The other performers applauded you, and you thanked them, looking for a certain blond boy. When you found him, he was grinning joyfully.

"Well done, Y/N! You were great-" you cut him off by placing a small kiss on his lips.

"That was for helping me face my fear." You smiled as he was left, shocked. Lloyd looked down at you, and as you prepared for the rejection, he brought you into a warm hug. He then pulled away from the embrace and placed his lips onto yours again. His lips felt soft, and tasted mildly of candy. Instantly kissing back, you moved your hands to wrap them around his neck as he wrapped his around your waist. After a few moments, you pulled away, breathing harshly.

"What was that for?" You asked breathlessly.

"That was for being here right now, in my arms," Lloyd placed a smaller one on your cheek, "and that was for facing your fear." You blushed, removing your hands from his neck.

"I don't care if I've won anymore. I got my prize tonight." You informed him, blowing a kiss. You did end up winning, and realised that you had to thank Quinn for getting you to compete for you now had the worlds greatest boyfriend.