Chapter 8

Lise

After Victoria left, I stayed in my balcony staring at the last few minutes of the sunset. I felt at ease but at the same time my head was full with thoughts. If that's even possible. She tried to kill herself. I thought over and over again. She has been where I am, for the first time I saw hope. In her scars I saw hope that I can do it. And that made me be at ease, that part of me was at ease. I felt calm. I can be ok and I'm going to be ok. I decided to go up to my roof, my praying and talking place. I prayed and talked to God for what seemed to be the longest time. After I finished I looked up and the sky was full of stars. It amazed me, God's creation amazed me. I felt calm, I felt genuinely calm. I stood up and went in my flat. I went downstairs and placed my cup in my washing machine. After that I saw my phone laying on the couch in between some blankets. I took it and saw that Andrew had texted me a bunch of times. A message caught my eye, it was Vianca. She had called me ten times and sent me 20 messages. I quickly called her and her boyfriend picked up. "Hello?" I said concerned. "Lise hi, it's me Mason. I- i need you to come to the hospital. Something happened with Vianca" "what? What happened? Is she ok?" "Please come." "I'm on my way." I quickly changed into some appropriate clothing and left. I got to the hospital as soon as I could. "Mason!" I said almost running towards him. "What happened?" I instantly noticed his bloodshot eyes and red nose "She got into a car accident and they found her phone and called me. I- I was to be with her but I had to stay working Lise, none of this should've happened." He explained as tears streamed down his face. "No no Mason, this is not your fault. None of this, she's going to be ok." I hugged him and let him cry on my shoulder for a few minutes and then I backed away. "What are they doing? Like what happened to her?" I asked concerned. "She's unconscious, they are putting her in a room to then let us come in." I nodded in response to his comment. "Ok, did you eat? Do you want me to go out and grab something for us?" I shook his head. "Ok, I'll go and grab something and then come back, alright?" I said. "Ok, I'll keep you in touch, thank you Lise." "No problem Mason." I walked out and got in my car. I drove to the closest fast food I could find and bought food for Mason and I. I drove back to the hospital. I looked at my clock and noticed it was 05:30. I sighed and walked in the hospital. He texted me in which room she was in and I walked towards the elevator to go up. I marked the 12th floor and walked through the hallway until I got to room 155. I knocked and he opened the door. "Hey, here I bought you some food. It's on me." "Thank you." I focused my vision to what was blur in the background and saw Vianca. "How is she? I said walking in." "They said she'll wake up in about an hour or so." He said quite relieved. I nodded in response and sat down. Suddenly I remembered, Andrew. I completely forgot to answer him back. "Mason I have to call my boyfriend. I completely forgot to answer him."
I walked out of the room and walked towards a window. I dialled Andrews phone number and it rang. He quickly picked up. "Lise babe, are you ok? what's going on? Where are you?" "Hey hun, I'm so sorry. Um, so Vianca got into a car accident and I had to come to the hospital super fast. Your mum left and I stayed on the roof and when I came out Mason called me and I just came as quick as possible to the hospital." I explained. "You sound tired and overwhelmed.. Have you slept anything?" I sighed. "No I haven't.." I'm going to my house to get my bass and going to school then to work and then  coming back to the hospital.." "Babe but you should rest." "Andrew I can't, I have to have my priorities straight. I can sleep later." He sighed in defeat. "Ok. But please let me know when you finish your day. I can bring you food and make some tea." I smiled to myself. "Thank you babe. I'll call you later. Have a nice day." "I love you Lise." "I love you too Andrew." He hung up and I went back in the room. I told Mason I would come back tonight so he could go to his house and shower. He said thank you and I left to school. Today is going to be a long day I thought. I got to my school, I took all my classes and went to work. School and my work day went smoothly, but I wasn't feeling smoothly, I felt overwhelmed, sad, and all I wanted to do is be alone. I got in my car after work and Andrew called me. "Hello" I said "hey baby, how are you Hun?" He asked clearly happy to hear my voice. "I'm ok, I'm going home for like two hours and then I'm heading to the hospital." He took a minute to answer. "Can I go to your house please?" I sighed low for him not to hear. "Sure." I said smiling. "See you in some minutes." He hung up and I drove home. I got home, and saw his car. I got out of my car and walked towards the door. He followed me. When we walked in I turned around to close the door and when I turn back around to walk towards the kitchen he slowly made my back collapse on the door. Our faces were inches apart. "Andrew."