Chapter 4

Lise

Andrew and I kept seeing each other almost everyday, for two months. He payed to fix my car, I got it back and I couldn't be happier. We went out, we went to each other's places. Yet I held back, all the time, from giving him, me, us a chance. I couldn't be more scared. Today I didn't had school so I decided I would go to a lake near by his house and then I'll meet up with Vianca. I did my bag and changed into my bathing suite. I called Andrew. "Hello?" "Hey Andrew its Lise." "Oh I know. Jajaja. Are you ready?" "I am, should I go in my car or?" "I'll pick you up, don't worry" "oh ok." "Come out." "Oh you are here! Jajaj I'll come out now." I walked out of my flat and got in his car. "Hey!" I said kissing each one of his cheeks. "Hey beautiful." He said looking at me. I smiled looking away to keep him from seeing my cheeks blush. The car ride went smoothly. "We are here." He said. I nodded and got out. "Hey Lise." "Yeah?" "Are You ok?" "Yesss." I said extending the 's' and walking. And as usual he pulled me around. "I'm fine Andrewww." I said looking at him. He sighed "Ok." We got our spot and walked towards the lake. Out of the blue he picked me up and ran. "ANDREW NOOO! I'm afraid of lakes!!!" "You won't be now." He jumped and I swam up. "Andrew! The water is cold!!" He pulled me close to him and hugged me. "Yeah like you." He said chuckling. "Ja ja ja you are hilarious." I said chuckling too. "Tell me something." He said. "What do you want me to tell you?" "What's your favourite place in Puerto Rico?" "Ummm probably my grandmother's houses lol." "Why?" He asked. "Because they are the best. Most of the times jaja." I said running my fingers through my hair. "Why MOST of the times." "It's nothing they are just old jajaja." "Lise why don't you tell me anything?" "What do you mean?" "You don't tell me anything. About how you feel, about your family." "My family is great Andrew." "Yeah I can believe that because you tell me so much about it." He said sarcastically. "Andrew just." "Just what? Stop? I don't want to! I want to get to know you, everything about you Lise. I know you aren't perfect because no one is. But you need to open up more. You need to-" "Andrew! I don't know how to! I don't know how to open up to people I don't know how to just tell you how I feel i don't even know what the heck is wrong with me! How do you want me to tell you! I don't knowww! Not because I met you a little while ago but because I can't! I can't with anyone. I can't do it face to face, I can't do it on messages. Sure I can tell you about a problem but I just can't to it!!! Just understand me!" I swam towards the shore and got out. I picked my dress and walked into the woods. "Lise! Come here!" Tears welled in my eyes as I walked 'calm down, calm down.' I kept repeating in my head. I startled when Andrew pulled me around. "Lise." He said grabbing my face and trying to look for my eyes. "Please look at me Lise, Jesus!" "What!?" I said staring into his eyes. Tears streamed down my face. I hated this, I didn't wanted this to happen I wanted run away. And not been all dramatic. "I'm sorry Andrew." I said looking down. "Come here." He said hugging me. I cried and cried on his shoulder. "I don't want to push you on doing anything... it wasn't my intention to get you frustrated. I just really care about you, I want to know if you are really ok, and I want to know what causes you so much pain..." he said still hugging me. I hugged him around his waist. I parted away and he looked at me. "I'm sorry..." he said. "I'm sorry." "Don't be." He said. I looked at him in the eyes and he pulled out a little smile. He caressed my cheek, leaning in. Getting close to me lips with every second. He kissed me. It couldn't feel more safe. I loved it. It didn't felt like other kisses I've had this feels how your first kiss should be like, gentle, softly and caring. And I have never felt like this. Not like passed experiences. Were people take pure advantage of you, knowing it's your first kiss they just kiss you roughly wanting more than just a kiss. Because they couldn't give less shit about you or your feelings. I smiled and kissed him back. He pulled me closer to him making the world shut down, feelings shut down. Everything disappear but us. He slowly parted away and I opened my eyes. He started close to my face. Taking every detail he could, "I love you.." he said. It came out of his mouth 'I love you.' I smiled letting a giggle come out. I looked at him in the eyes. "Me too." I said slightly laughing. "You are gorgeous." He said. He kissed me one more time and hugged me. I hugged him around the neck and he pulled me up. He hugged me tighter. And I laughed "ow be careful." I said in between laughs. He laughed too. "I love your laugh." "Ayyy shhh." "Why it's truueee." He walked back to where our things were and we sat down. "Want to eat something?" He asked "I promised Vianca I would do something with her. Let me ask her and I'll tell you." "We can go with her if you want." "Really?" "Of course." "Ok I'll tell her." I smiled and stood up.

"Hello Vianca?" "Heyyy babe!" "Hey how are you?" "I'm fine how are you?" "Me too, so listen I'm withheld Andrew and I was wondering what did you wanted to do?" "We can just grab something to eat so you could spend the rest of the day with him. Or he can come with us, however you want." "Really? I mean he can wait." "No no I want to meet him. He can come." "Ok! I'll tell him thanks! Where are we going?" "We can go tooo that place we like a lot." "Ok! I'll de you there in thirty." "Bye!" "Bye darling."

I walked back towards Andrew. I sat by his side and jumped on top of him making him lay on his back. "Hey what are you doing?! Ajajajaja" "kicking your ass." "Why?!" We both laughed. I stared at him and kissed him. "I'm glad I met you." I said hugging him. "I'm glad you finally let me kiss you." He said jokingly. "Heyyy!" I said hitting him playfully. "Hey Vianca said we could go with her. So let's get moving." "Ok ok let's go." I parted from him to stand up but he pulled me. "One last kiss." "Ok." I said leaning in, I quickly moved my head, stood up and ran. "Don't do that Liseee!" I crackled up and ran to the car. When I got everything in the car something pulled me around. And smashed me against the car. "Oh you finally mad-" he stopped me by smashing our lips together. I smiled on top of his lips and hugged him around the neck. I deepened the kiss and pulled back. "Made it." I said finishing the sentence. "Let's go beautiful lady." I laughed and got in the car. We drove to the restaurant and got a table for three. Soon Vianca came through the door. "Hey Vianca!" I said hugging her. Andrew stood up. "Hello, my name is Andrew." "Nice to meet you Andrew my name is Vianca, I know you've heard a lot of me." She said laughing "Not as much as you've heard of me." Andrew said joking back. We all laughed and took our seats. "So how was your day love birds?" "Our day was good, we went to the lake near by." "Oh that's niceee. Aren't you terrified about lakes Lise?" "I am! But this mister over here carried me a jumped into it." Vianca laughed. Through out the dinner Vianca and I exchanged looks. I knew what she was asking but I wasn't going to tell her just yet. Besides that Andrew and I held hands under the table now and then. I asked for wine with a salad. Andrew asked for pasta and Vianca for a cheeseburger. "This was so good." I said smiling. "It was! I hope there's a next time guys, I got to go to my boyfriend, deeply sorry, enjoy the rest of the night." Said Vianca leaving the money on the table. She gave me a two cheek kiss and held her hand out to Andrew then left.
"Why don't we pay this and get some coffee in the small coffee shop I saw down the road? My mum will be there... She wants to meet you." "Sounds like a plan. Wait what!? No Andrew I don't look appropriate for this. Will she even like me!" I said freaking out. "Babe... she'll love you, I've talked about you like crazy.. She already loves you so don't worry." I sighed in defeat. "Ok.." I said. "Hey.. really don't worry. Please." I looked down. He pulled my Chin up and kissed me softly. "You'll do amazing." We payed our bills and walked to the coffee shop, but right before we got to the entrance Andrew pulled me around. "Lise.. I need to tell you something before we go in there.."