Young Volcanoes (Full)

ابدأ من البداية

That was the last thing she expected to hear, it didn’t even made sense.
How can a vampire be the wolf deity’s daughter, the very being that she had hurt under her father’s orders.
“I’m guessing you have questions?” the old hunter asks, his voice barely a whisper.
Lana stared at him, she has way too much questions.
“Just tell her dad.” Wendy says and turns to her brother. “It’s time for all of us to know anyway.”
“Is this more of that wolf and vampire thing? Cause I’m so sick-“
“Wesley, please.” Wendy reached for his arm, “Just be patient, for me.”
Wesley stared at his sister for a moment before sighing and crossing his arms, staring at their dad.
Harry nodded before turning his attention back to Lana.
“About two decades ago, the hunters captured the princess of the shifters. Getting to her was harder than keeping her. She…” Harry paused remembering the first time her saw the young woman. “Serenity wasn’t at all princess like, not the pampered brat that you’d expect a royalty to be, she was a heroine. The whole time she faced us she had her chin high, her pride intact, no matter what we made her do, she did with pride and with class, even when it was ordering her kind to their death.”
Despite being use to the silence of the woods, the cabin was more so than usual, like time was suspended and they were able to move within it.
“Aside from being beautiful, she’s smart and brave, selfless, with the exception of her wolf side the woman was near damn perfect. I guess it shouldn’t be a surprise that Rham fell in love with her, and up until now I believe that he truly loved her, enough that he selfishly imprisoned her not for the hunters but for himself.”
“I don’t understand,” Lana cuts in, “You say this Rham person, had so much power over the hunters, but he’s your son?”
“Yes.” This time, his wife, Kristy, wrapped an arm over his shoulder, supporting a man twice her size. “Frank, he didn’t have any children. So he adopted Rham, it’s not that we wanted for him to be the next leader, no, it’s just…” he paused to take a deep breath, “I had a daughter who was sickly and Frank offered to shoulder her medication in exchange of Rham. I was foolish, I would admit that, I tried my best to be near him as he grew up, always supporting him even when Frank disagreed. When his adopted mother died, to all our surprise, she left the responsibility of the finances to him that was when he learned what we did.”
“Mystical or not, he didn’t like that we were killing these beasts.” He continues, “He was studying to be a doctor and he respected life more than he should. He would get angry when we take Serenity out to study her, make her use her power. When she’s too weak, he’d nurse her back to health, give her books to keep herself entertained when he was at school, that’s how he won her trust. But Frank isn’t a patient man, even if he was his so called son, he wasn’t so virtuous that he’d keep him out of harm’s way. So he manipulated him, twisted his brain on how to keep Serenity with him. To use her family against her, a family that he wanted Rham to start with her…”
He looks down on the floor, if it was possible he would will his body to shrink, thinking how shameful the next part of the story would be, he regrets a lot of things in his life and this was high on his list, right below trusting Frank with his daughter. What was it they say? You reap what you sow?
“He took her…” he swallowed a lump on his throat and cleared his voice for good measure, he wanted to come clean.  “He took her by force, several times…”
Lana was as frozen as everyone around her, from the look on Wendy’s face it wasn’t the first time that she heard this, but it didn’t mean that she was accepting his brother’s mistake.
“Frank even took a video of it and sent it the wolves, along with the heads of wolves we’ve caught.”
Lana felt Sofia take her hand, as if consoling her. For a moment she was confused why, then she realized that this was her parents’ story. Obviously not a love story, still, this was also part of her past.
“Back then we would catch wolves and take their blood, it was their source of healing power.” Harry remembers, “It would heal any wound, any sickness… all sickness.”
“You gave it to your daughter…”
Harry nodded, “Frank told me everything he knew about the blood, I gave her my share and it was like a miracle drug. She was up and about in a week’s time. Running about in two, it was a miracle. It was everything we prayed for and more.”
“I was too happy to think of the possibility of it having side effects.” He explains, “In the duration of her stay with us, we used her to call for more shifters and captured them for their blood and to further torment the princess. We all thought we knew the extent of her power, we thought we had broken her will to fight back, but that night… that one night.” he shook his head, “With just one order the hunters were practically wiped out by just one teenage shewolf, a broken young woman.”
This time it was Lana who swallowed, to release the breath she holding and the one to squeeze Sofia’s hand asking for more strength.
“No one knew she was pregnant when she was able to escape, I don’t think even Rham knew.” Harry says, not wanting to dwell on the darkest story of his son. “When she got back to her kind, to her mate, Rham thought they wouldn’t accept her, that her mate would reject her. When he went to take her back, to his surprise, the pack accepted her back… accepted you. Us who survived were lost, we were scared, if the wolves attacked to take revenge we had no power to protect ourselves. That’s when the vampires extended their help, Frank grew crazier and agreed, they made plans to attack the wolves.”
This time Harry looked up at Lana, apologetic.
“Yuri, the vampire king, he killed your father.” he said with form voice, “He tried to kill your mother, literally, with his own hands and pulled you out of her.”
Lana’s eyes widened and sat straight, just as lost as the man across from her. Her grandfather.
“Werewolf pregnancy is shorter than human’s, not to mention this is a deity we’re talking about here, its not a surprise that even for a fetus only a month or so old would survive. Then again, I’m guessing that king had something to do with you being alive, why you’re now a vampire.”
Everyone barely made a move in the duration that the family patriarch spoke. It’s not that they didn’t want to, Wesley had dozens of questions, but he didn’t know where to begin. Besides, he had never seen his father so weak.
“I’m not asking for you to help your mother and her kind, or that you should avenge for your father.” harry barely whispers, “But if you don’t want to be part of this, if it hurts you, know that you are welcome to stay here. I may be old, but I know these being’s weaknesses, I can protect you Lana.”
There was no lie or doubt in the man’s eyes, in fact he looked determined to do just as he said. Lana thought about his offer, she had wanted to distance herself to Yuri for years, maybe not permanently, but she needs to keep her sanity and that was only if she was away from him.
Then again, hearing her parents’ story, seeing the sadness in Kristy’s eyes, she couldn’t accept the offer of peace after beginning war between the shifters.
The happiness and safety of her newly found family was also in the line.
There was only one way to resolve the chaos she started.
She needed to free her adopted father and the hunter’s trump card.