two - idle town

Aboli

I woke up early becuase of school, well the only thing I like about school is poetry club. Which I am the leader of.

Poetry club is the best thing that ever happend to me. What we do is have coffee and discuss about writing. And my friends are there, we all share the same interests which makes the club joyful.

I took a quick bath, changed into some sweater and a skirt. I looked into the mirror, and i could say that I'm aesthetically pleasing. All my houseplants add character, my room is naturally lit up, my paintings add an artsy vibe, my clothes are warm looking, and my face? Freckles.

I got my Fjållraven kånken backpack and left the house silently, in attempt to not wake my parents up.

I drove by Starbucks, i peacefully entered the cafe smelling the aroma of newly brewed coffee.

"Aboli." I was about to leave the shop, when I heard someone calling my name.

"Aboli Hyacinth S. Amorsolo! Dito!" I turned around and realized it was Unique.

"Why the heck spill my full name out in public, Salonga?" I sarcastically said while taking a sip of my coffee.

"Sorry lil cous, by the way this is Zild." I looked at Zild, and realized, it was Zild. I actually have him in my club.

"Oh we already know eachother, he's in my club." Unique was some how amazed, forming an 'O' with his mouth.

"By the way, who'd you guys know eachother?" Zild popped the question.

"We're cousins, and he's annoying." I said, loudly whispering the last line.

Unique slapped me playfully, because of what I have said.

"Bakla ka talaga Unique!" I slapped him playfully back.

"Back to your question, how'd you know each other?" I asked back still standing in front of their table.

"Ahh magkabanda kami." Well, I never ever met his band before.

"Ohh, sige sige I don't like being late. Pati yung discussion natin mamaya Zild, Gotta go!" I headed to the parking lot, and drove my way to school.

-

"Hey!" I greeted everyone who's in the room, they greeted me back.

"May kulang pa ba?" I looked through the empty seats.

"Nadito na lahat, but I think merong bagong sasali in a week or two." Ang sabi ni Zara.

We showcased our assigned poems and also art. We had coffee and talked about the this and thats of poetry. Everything went normal.

After the club meeting, I went outside. It was weird. I got stares for some reason.

"Diba pinsan yan ng vocalista ng iv of spades?" I heard whispers, but I didn't assume that it was me. What's iv of spades anyways?

"Aboli!" I heard Jules, my bestfriend. Call me.

"It's Ah - boh - lee, not aboli dumbass." I said sarcastically. She pronounced my name wrong as always.

"Ih basta! Pati ano, yung sa expo mo." I can still sense some stares but I didn't mind.

"Oh bakit?" We started walking out the campus, we decided to get some icecream.

"Pag may nakita kang gwapo ah!" I stared at her miserably and chuckled.

"Baliw! I have no time for that." She 'pfft' at me.

"Ano ba! Puro namang arts, and education yung nasa isip mo. Try having some fun!" She said as she sat on the passenger seat of my car.

"Studying, and arts are fun." I saw her rolling her eyes, reflecting on the mirror.

"Pero, ano ba gusto mo sa lalaki? Kung posible kasi diba never ka pa nag kagusto." I smirked at her sentence.

"If possible, katulad ni Kuya Unique. Yung tipong funny, artist, and baka poet." I saw her making the 'aaah' thingy.

"Parang may kilala akong ganern." I continued driving, ignore her statement.

-

As we ordered our ice cream, we discussed whether what to do in the expo. Since she's only in the first day to keep me company.

"Ano? Nagka - boyfriend kana?" I said taking a french frie and dipping it into the ice cream.

"Oo." I saw her smiling which made me smile too. I love seeing my bestfriend happy.

"Gelo - Gelo Esperon." I wasn't familiar by the name, so I didn't ask. Let's just say I'm lazy.

"Ikaw? May pag asa pa?" I just shrugging at her question. No one ever made my heart beat fast as i learned from movies.

"May darating rin sayo." I don't know if her statement motivated me or not, but okay.

"Except kung tamad lang siya maglakad katulad ko." I said sarcastically, making of us both laugh.

-

I drove Jules home. Then i got home quickly becuase i dont have anything to do after.