one - paintbrushes

Aboli

I swiped the paintbrush gently on the blank canvas, creating the base of the sky.

I dipped the brush in the color of a light blue to set the vibe.

And after the light blue, I dipped the dirty brush again for a darker shade of blue.

I blended the paint out, and felt satisfied by the sound of the birds chirping in the afternoon sky. Until.

"ABOLI! ALIKA DITOO!" I suddenly realized that it was the sound of my annoying cousin, Unique.

Well, he's annoying. Yet he was nice, and lovable.

"I bought you something." He handed me a bag of new paintbrushes. I always loved the smell of newly bought paintbrushes. I think I'm the only one that does. I don't know, it's just the relationship between me and art.

"Thank you Kuya Nikkoi." I was about to hug him but I realized that my hands were full of newly dried paint.

"Ano bayan, may bisita tayo tapos may pintura ka pa sa mukha." Angelica, my mom said.

"He's used to it already! Right kuya Unique?" He was a year older than me. I call him kuya becuase my mom told me to. You don't wanna be spanked by a Filipino mother.

"Right." Unique giggled and patted my head.

"Tita, is Tito Finn there?" Finnorsio, weird name right? Is my dad. His grandfather was a big painter, Fernando Amorsolo. So he continued his grandpa's passion in arts, and graduated from visual arts.

He was the one who taught me how to draw, paint, and write. He's one of the most important people in my life next to my Mom.

Angelica Salonga.

Now my mom was the one who thought me music. Music wasn't the one for me, i didn't enjoy it as much as Kuya Unique did. But I enjoyed writing songs.

Which made me think I wasn't a failure for my mother.

"Oh sige na Oli, pagpatuloy mo na yung ginagawa mong painting and make me proud." Unique smiled, and I nodded as I headed back to my room.

Unique and my family, was the only ones who calls me by the nickname Oli. Well sometimes.

I personally prefer Aboli or Hyacinth. Becuase it sounds very formal and lovely.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I continued painting the sky in various shades of blue. While listening to the leaves shaking in the trees, due to the warm breeze.

I painted the stars that standed out very quickly. I added the surface where i painted some trees.

I felt that there was something missing. Someone.

I tried to draw a girl sitting on the grass watching the sky. There's really something missing.

I figured out that she needs someone. Which I drew a boy comforting her.

I was pretty happy about the painting, but i wasn't relating to it.

Was it because of her man?

I snapped out of my thoughts and signed my name and date on the bottom left side of the canvas.

I ran out of my room and looked for Unique.

"Kuya Unique, the painting's done." He got off his phone, and followed me to my room.

"Looks like, me and... her." He smiled faintly, the look in his eyes was very sad. I think it was one of the girls who broke his heart.

"Ey don't be sad brother. There's someone waiting for you out there." He giggled slightly, giving me chills, that satisfied me because of the success of my work.

"ABOLI! ANAK!" I heard my father yell that he was home at last.

Me and Unique returned to the kitchen table, where dad is.

"Greetings tito." Unique did the mano po thing. Making my dad laugh a bit.

"Don't do that it's making me feel old!" We all laughed including my mom who was cooking us dinner.

"So dad I have good news for you! I was invited in kasaysayan ng Pilipinas expo 2018 which is the biggest Philippine event ever! I - sha - share ko daw po yung paintings, and life ko." I said excitedly.

"Wow congrats naman sa baby cous ko!" Unique messed my hair up, which was in a very messy ponytail making it messier.

"Oi inggit ka lang sa hair ko kasi i pulled it out better than yours!" I sarcastically said, making us all laugh.

My hair was shorter than Unique's. Mine was almost shoulder length. Which gave me the accessibility to tie my hair up with a scrunchie.

My bangs are very full. Mine were longer than Unique's. But my hair is naturally thick and shiny, that makes him jealous.

"Wow sikat na anak ko ah!" Dad said smiling at my mother.

"Oo! Alam mo ba? Ang rami ng nakakakilala diyan." My mom said putting the bowl of spaghetti on the table.

"Lalo na yung only purpose niya lumabas na bumili ng art supplies, ang raming nagpapapicture diyan." She continued saying.

I headed to the loo. And cleaned myself before eating.

♤♤♤

So ayun... i think I'm used to writing in english kasi
Don't forget to comment and vote!☆