|2|

It was hard to keep up with the tall man as we weaved in between the crowds of people. He would stop occasionally and look around before walking off once more. I honestly was starting to believe that he forgot that I was following after him.

He stopped for the umpteenth time and I was starting to get rather fed up and was about to cuss at him, but instead held my tongue.

"Where are we going," I asked in anger. He turned around and took notice of me for the first time since we left my apartment.

"A restaurant that I know of," was all he said before taking off once more toward some unknown destination. I sighed as I tried my best to keep up after him.

After walking for what seemed like hours, we finally stopped in front of a small restaurant.

"Here it is," he said triumphantly. He walked into the restaurant and I begrudgingly followed after him. He weaved through the tables before stopping at one that was toward the back of the restaurant. He shrugged out of his coat before draping it over the back of the chair and sitting down. I followed suit and sat across from him.

A waitress came over and she looked between Kai and myself. She kind of rose her eyebrow when she looked at me before turning her attention to Kai.

"What can I get you," she asked Kai with a flirty smile on her face.

"Her and I will just take this," he replied while pointing at one of the menu items. The waitress nodded before taking up the menus and walking away. She had an obvious sway in her hips as she walked away from our table. I scoffed as I turned my attention back to Kai to find him staring at me with a smirk plastered on his face.

"What," I asked as I tried to avoid eye contact with him. The only response I got was a slight chuckle from him. I shook my head as I glanced around the restaurant. There were only a few other patrons in the room along with us.

"What's your name," he asked which caught me off guard. I forgot that I demanded his name but he still didn't know mine.

"______," I replied as I looked at him. He seemed shock at first but his expression smoothed over as he stared right back at me.

"That's a really nice name," he complimented as he gave me a small smile. I blushed slightly as I avoided eye contact with him. A few minutes passed before I found the courage to look at him again.

"Why did you show up outside my apartment door? How did you know where I lived?" He simply shrugged.

"Don't know. Just felt someone calling my name and the next thing I know I am standing outside your door with the urge to knock on it." I wanted to say something but was stopped when the waitress brought over our plates.

"Careful, they're rather hot," she said with a wink in Kai's direction. He chuckled slightly as he moved his arm out of the way as she sat his plate down. She sat mine down a little to aggressively.

"Can I get you anything else," asked the waitress once again in Kai's general direction.

"No, I think we are both okay," he replied with a small smile on his face as he looked up at her. She nodded her head and walked away. He began eating while I simply sat there staring at my plate full of food. I wasn't entirely hungry as I was more confused than anything. I was also still slightly nervous of being outside after what happened six months ago.

"You should probably eat before the food gets cold," Kai said startling me out of my thoughts. I looked up to find him staring at me with curiosity dancing around within his eyes. I blinked a few times before slowly picking up my silverware and began eating the warm food. It wasn't great but it was still edible. We ate in silence and I glanced around the restaurant to find that we were the only two patrons left.

...

Kai waved the waitress over and she sauntered over with that obnoxious smile on her face.

"Can we get the check," Kai asked as the waitress neared the table.
"Aw, you don't want anything for dessert," she asked in a rather seductive tone. Kai simply shook his head and she leaned down closer to him.

"Are you sure," she asked in a hushed whisper, and once again Kai shook his head and narrowed his eyes at her. The waitress straightened back to her full height and simply looked the man up and down.

"Shame. Could have had a bit of fun with you before handing you over," she muttered. I rose an eyebrow as I stared between the two. The woman began to raise her hand and the next thing I knew, Kai was lunging across the table at me. He tackled me against his chest and I felt the air begin to pull around us. I squeezed my eyes shut as I gripped onto his shirt.

"You can open your eyes," said Kai in a calm voice. I opened my eyes and looked up at Kai. Up close he was really handsome. His light brown hair covered his chocolate eyes slightly as he stared down at me with concern.

"Are you okay," he asked and I nodded my head. I released my tight grip on him and looked around the area. We were no longer in the restaurant. We were standing in my bedroom.
"How..." I tried to ask before I felt my body give slightly and my vision began to blur as I plummeted toward the floor passing out in the process.