Unwanted guest.

I woke up to the smell of pancakes in Alexa's small flat. I sprinted straight to the bathroom.

"Well I made us breakfast, but I don't think I'm hungry anymore..." Joked Alexa as I returned from the bathroom.

"Sorry. I don't know what it is about pancakes, but they make me sick." I replied, still feeling a bit sick.

"Well. Seems as it's your last day here in France, how about I treat you to breakfast at our favourite restaurant?"

Me and Alexa used to go to the same restaurant every Thursday morning and eat the same things.

"Great!" I replied, grabbing my jacket.

"What times your flight?"

"Half past 4."

"Okay". She took a look at her watch. "take your stuff with you and I'll drive you straight to the airport afterwards."

"Okay, thanks." I said, grabbing my bags.

***

Breakfast was great, and it had me thinking of all the good times I had in France. Despite being madly in love with a man in a different country, living in France wasn't all that bad.

I'd love my baby to meet Alexa, come to my favourite restaurant, see where I used to live. If I don't move back here, I'd at least like to bring my child here on holiday.

We pulled up at the busy airport and I thought about how much I actually didn't want to leave.

"Call me as soon as you land, okay!" Said Alexa, pulling me into a tight hug.

"I will, but I've left my phone at home, so it won't be as soon as I land!" I joke, pulling away and picking up my bags.

"It was great to see you again, and you know where I am if you need me! I'm only a phone call away!" She said, waving and walking back out the airport doors.

The flight was a lot worse than the one on the way here. Everything had changed. German would have gotten married yesterday to Beatriz. Violetta is preparing to go on tour soon. I've lost the two people who mean the most to me.

"It's just me and you." I whispered, looking down at my stomach. There was no belly bump yet, but still, my baby was growing inside of me.

I got off the plane and I could see so many people waiting for their loved ones to appear, nobody was there for me. I didn't expect to have anyone there.

I saw a couple. A woman got off the same flight as me and ran straight to a man holding a sign that said "be my fiancé". He pulled out a ring and proposed, right there. In front of all those people. She said yes, of course.

They looked truly happy together, and I realised, that's all I want In life. To be truly happy, just like that couple.

People stayed to clap and congratulate them, but I just really wanted to go home, so I went and got a taxi back to my empty house.

"Here, keep the change." I said with a smile to the taxi driver.

He returned the smile and drove off. I took a deep breath before turning to face my house across the road.

There was someone sat on my door step.

German.

I took a deep breath again and slowly walked towards him.

"Angie-"

"Don't." I said pushing past him and putting my key in the door.

"Please,"

"Don't you have a wife to be with?" I said, still messing with the key in the door.

"Look, don't be like that. Just hear me out."

If he thought I was going to listen to his excuses for sleeping with me and kissing me when he didn't even love me, he was wrong.