Caught out

It's been a few days since I found out I was pregnant, I made the decision to move out of the mansion because I was on edge all the time I was there, thinking that he was going to find out I was pregnant. And as it turns out Beatriz is not at all pregnant with his child, she lied. I guess we have something in common, we both lied about pregnancy.

German and Violetta are both coming over for dinner today, not Beatriz, just the two of them. I've already been to the super market and I have all the ingredients to make a chicken korma, my favourite.

I'd just finished cooking and sat down to rest when there was a knock at the door. I walked over to let the guests in.

"Angie!" Screamed Violetta as she pulled me in for a hug.

"Hey Vilu!"

"Hi Angie, how are you?" Asked German.

Apart from the fact that I'm carrying your child and you don't even know, good. "I'm okay thanks, and you?"

"I'm good."

"Angie, dad, I'm so sorry but I can't stay for dinner because I have to go and meet Mark" Mark was Vilu's manager. He will be going with her on tour at the end of the year.

"That's fine." We both said at the same time.

"I really just came to see how you are, I really must go now. I'll see you soon Angie, promise."

"Okay Vilu, see you later. Take care."

I walked German over to the sofa and I sat next to him. The last time we were left alone together, it didn't end well.

"I brought you a bottle of wine" he said, putting it on the floor.

I won't be drinking that anytime soon.

"Thank you" I replied, I hoped he didn't want to open it yet.

"So what are we eating?'

"Chicken korma"

"Great!" He replied. "I love it! But we don't have it much because Beatriz hates spicy food."

"Well, if you ever fancy spicy food, you know where I am, I love it!"

"I might just take you up on that offer" he said with a smile.

We pretty much are dinner in silence, apart from the odd small talk about the weather, and work.

"That was delicious Angie! But do you have any tablets for heart burn?" He asked, holding his chest.

"Thanks! Erm, yes, in the bathroom, in the cupboard below the sink, second shelf."

He got up from the table and went in the bathroom.

I felt so bad for lying to him about our baby right now, because he was clueless, and I know he'd be a good dad to the baby, but I can't risk telling him. He doesn't really want the baby.

German was in the bathroom for a really long time, so I knocked on the door

"German, you've been in there a long time. Have you fell down the plug?" I joked. "German?"

I couldn't hear any movement from inside the bathroom and I started to get worried, so I opened the door and walked in.

He was sat there on the toilet, looking at my pregnancy test.

"German, I, I can explain." I panicked.

"You lied to me." He said calmly.

"I only lied to you because I could see you didn't want the child!" I protested.

German walked towards me until we were face to face. "Is that really what you think?" He whispered sadly.

"Yes. Yes it is. I saw how worried you were when we were waiting for the results. I saw how relieved you were when I said I wasn't pregnant!" I shouted.

"You think I was relieve?" He asked, still in his calm tone. I don't know how he can stay so calm when I'm shouting at him, but he does it.

"Well yes, I mean now there's nothing stopping you from marrying Beatriz and having a family with her, is there?" I said in a sort of cocky tone, it wasn't deliberate, but I just get so mad and jealous when I think of him with someone else.

"Is that why you lied? So I wouldn't break up with Beatriz?" He asked confused.

"No, no, I lied because I was scared that you wouldn't want anything to do with me, or the baby." A tear rolled down my face.

"Angie, do you think I'm a monster?" He asked, sounding generally hurt by my previous comment.

"What?" I asked, not wanting to answer.

"Do you?" He bugged me.

"Of course not."

I really didn't.

"Then why would you think that I would abandon you because you're pregnant?" He asked sounding upset.

"Because, because you have a new life now, with Beatriz and me and the baby, we wouldn't fit into that. We can't be part of your life." I started to cry harder.

"Angie, don't you get it? You'll always be part of my life."

He put his arms around me and I melted at his touch.

We were stood hugging in silence for what felt like forever. But he broke that silence, and the hug.

"I have to tell Beatriz." He stated.

"What, no, are you crazy? German you could lose her." I wanted him to lose her. I did. And I didn't. I didn't want to be the reason for his failed relationship.

As much as I want German to be with me, he still has shot of happiness and I can't take that away from him.

"Well how else do we explain you being pregnant with my child?" He sounded confused.

"We don't." I blurted out.

"What?" He asked.

"Nobody needs to know that you're the father. Anybody could have gotten me pregnant." It seemed like a good idea at the time.

"You'd do that for me?" He asked.

No. "Yes, of course" I hate myself sometimes.

He sat silent for a few minutes, he looked as if he was considering what I'd just said, but then he just ran his hands through his hair and sighed.

"I can't let you do that. I want our child to know me." He told me.

"Well I don't see what other choice we have." I tell him.

"We could leave together."