Drunken words

I pretty much avoided German for the rest of the week. Apart from the odd 'good morning' at the dinner table so that nobody got suspicious. Carlos hasn't spoken to me at the studio all week either. It's now the weekend and I'm stuck inside the house with German, because I have nowhere to go.

I was laying in the bed with my earphones in listening to music when German walked in.

"Ever heard of knocking?" I asked annoyed.

"I did knock but you didn't answer."

I took my earphone out and sat up. "So what's up, German? Come to make sure I haven't told your precious Beatriz about what happened?"

He sat on the bed beside me. "No. No. I've come to apologise and make sure you're okay."

"Apologise for what?"

"For kissing you."

My heart breaks a little. I want to tell him not to apologise, that I love him, that I want him to kiss me again, but I just cry.

He put his arms around me while I cried. "Angie, I'm truly sorry. I know this is a mess but we can get through this. Nobody has to know."

Nobody has to know. He has clearly chosen Beatriz over me.

"You don't need to apologise, I'm to blame to. I shouldn't have told you that." I replied

"Told me what?"

He doesn't remember me telling him I love him? Maybe there's still hope, maybe if I tell him, he will feel the same. After all, he kissed me... No. No, it won't happen. He loves Beatriz, not me.

"It doesn't matter." I turned away and faced the wall, but he pulled my face back round so I was looking directly at him. "Nothing, I, it doesn't matter. Can you leave please, I want to be alone."

"Angie, what did you say?"

"I... It... I..." I couldn't do it. "Nothing."

"I'm not going until you tell me what exactly you said to me." He said, looking into my eyes.

"Please"I whisper, "just go."

I wait for him to leave, before putting my earphones back in and crying to myself. You're such a coward, why didn't you just tell him? Maybe he feels the same way.

He just keeps saying that it was a mistake, like he wishes it never happened, like he felt nothing, like he regrets asking me watch football with him. I really hoped that that one night meant as much to him as it did to me. Clearly not.