Chapter 2

"Don't be scared," said a voice behind her. Lucy turned around to see a green fairy standing in front of her. She had long blonde hair, green eyes, a green dress and tiny green fairy wings on her back.

Lucy blinked as she was sure she must be imagining it but when she opened her eyes there were at least 20 other fairies of all different colors. "Hello, we're the rainbow fairies, my names Eliza and these are my friends."

Lucy realized she must be staring and apologized at once. "Don't be afraid," said a yellow fairy called sally, "we're all nice and we won't hurt you. It's been a long time since we've seen a real girl and we could really do with your help."

Now this was something that Lucy could do as she was very good at helping people. She always helped her mum to carry the washing to the machine, she always helped her dad clean the car and she always helped  her brother to tidy his room.

"What do you need me to help you with?" asked Lucy "We need you to help us get Eliza's fairy dust back from the naughty leprechaun", said sally. "He's supposed to stay at the end of his rainbow guarding the pot of gold but he decided to go on an adventure instead and ended up on our, I mean your garden. He was as surprised to see Eliza as she was to see him, he'd never seen a fairy in real life before you see. After checking out her wings, he asked if he could see her bag of fairy dust. Eliza thought he was a good leprechaun so she showed him it, even though it's a fairy secret that should never be shown. She regretted it  straight away as the pesky leprechaun ran off with it as soon as she handed it over and we haven't seen him since."

Eliza looked a little embarrassed that she'd fallen for the charms of the leprechaun and Lucy couldn't help but feel sorry for her. "Okay," she said, "I'll help you."

"Hooray," shouted all the fairies of every color you could imagine. "First, we need to give you some fairy wings, then we need you to fly to the top of the rainbow and land ever so gently on the color ink," explained Sally. "Be really careful that you only land on pink though as only that color leads to the end of the rainbow. If you land on any other color you could land a mile away or even in Timbucktoo itself. 

Lucy didn't like the thought of that! "How do I land on pink?" she asked. "Just wait for the colors to change and when you see it turn purple get ready to jump as the next color is pink, easy as pie" Easy for you to say thought Lucy who really didn't like heights at the best of times, she'd have to be really brave for this adventure!

"Once you land on pink it will be like a slide and it will take you all the way down to the bottom of the rainbow where you should find the leprechaun. The tricky part is going to be getting the fairy dust back but that's  where this will help you," and Sally handed Lucy a small bag.