Chapter 1

Lucy was an ordinary girl, who lived in an ordinary house, on an ordinary road but... she had an extraordinary garden!

Her front garden was just the same as everyone else'es in the road but her back garden was very different. To an adult it was just a plain, simple garden. Lots of grass at the front with flowers and trees in the back. But to children, it was very different indeed. The grass was just grass but the flowers were home to hundreds of fairies and the trees hid the best secret of all. For down in the deepest part of the garden, behind the largest apple tree was a rainbow. This wasn't just any rainbow, it was a magical rainbow that was there all of the time, no matter what the weather was like. Of course you could only see the rainbow and the fairies if you were a child and still believed that such thing existed.

The first time Lucy saw it she thought it was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen. It was every color she could think of which faded and then a new color emerged along with sparkles like fairy dust which is strange because that's exactly what it was. Fairy dust.

She'd been sitting at the bottom of the garden reading her favourite book when she felt an enormous sneeze coming. As she breathed in she didn't realize that she'd inhaled the fairy dust but as she sneezed she almost blew all of the pink and purple fairies into next doors garden! She couldn't see them at first as when your 3 foot tall and a fairy is centimetre they're hard to see. Lucy knew something very strange was happening though as the trees and flowers around her seemed to be growing bigger and bigger until even the daisies looked like trees to her. It was then that she realized they weren't growing, it was her getting smaller.