1 | I Can Show You The World

Glass shattered against the wall and fell like raindrops to the ground. They glistened in the little light that snuck through the curtains and they appeared like little crystals. A man sat with his head in his hands and seemed defeated. His usually prideful eyes appeared disheartened, and he sighed.

It had been a month since his sister had run out of the palace and rode away on Judar's carpet. He hadn't slept a wink since. Worry kept him awake, and it grew worse day after day.

Be that as it may, he still had his duties, so he had to keep it hidden in public and not let anyone catch wind of the disappearance of the princess. In private he would do whatever he could to find her location.

The others were out frantically searching, but they had had no luck.

They were at a dead end.

Where are you, Sera?

A dainty hand hung lazily off the edge of the flying carpet and trailed through the clouds beneath it. Laughter bubbled past her lips and red dusted her cheeks from excitement.

Every day had been an adventure for her and this had been the freest she had ever felt. And it was all thanks to the fallen magi who sat cross-legged beside her, watching her every movement with his red eyes.

One hand was placed under his chin, his elbow resting on his knee and the other hand played with her hair. His mind was relaxed, and he was experiencing a feeling he had never felt in a long time - maybe in the whole of his life.

"This is wonderful, Judar." The girl spoke up and turned sparkling eyes towards him.

Judar returned her smile and wound a strand of hair around one of his slender fingers before bringing it to his lips.

"I told you didn't I?" He smirked and said, "I will show the world."