Chapter 12

Achyut

Achyut

I find it funny how the world works sometimes. Okay, not just sometimes but most of the time. It is like we were searching for something present right in front of our eyes and almost impossible to miss with all the indications pointing to it with a neon sign. Yet we somehow miss it and search for it everywhere else. And most of the time that human stupidity surprises me. Oh, only if my family could hear me now, they know how deep I am philosophical, they would be proud of me. Just kidding they would probably think that I have finally lost it. Oh, anyways I am not making any sense, am I?

Anyways coming to the reason of my sudden philosophical outburst, searching a bride for my little brother, Anand. I don't know why I never thought of my sister-in-law(my wife Shreya's younger sister) while searching for his bride. Anyways I think they are meant to be. I don't know how else to explain the chances of my brother being paired with my sister-in-law when such a thought didn't strike either me or Shreya.

You see, I have created a profile for my brother on a matrimonial site. And after two weeks and nearly twelve matches that neither I nor my parents liked for Anand, finally, it was paired with my sister-in-law's. I spoke with my in-laws. They are also happy about the match and said that they want to confirm my parents' opinion about this marriage. They are also ecstatic that both their daughters would be together after their younger daughter's marriage. So, they could visit both the daughters at the same time. Shreya was also very happy with this turn of events.

The next day I spoke with my parents and they were also looking forward to this marriage. But the only thing left is getting the consent of the people to be wed. When I asked Shreya about asking her younger sister's opinion about the marriage, she ( Shreya ) said that all her sister wanted all along was to have an arranged marriage. Apparently, my sister-in-law loved being a traditional person. She said that she would marry someone whom her family would select for her. This was what impressed my parents the most.

It is rare seeing such people nowadays. I hope that this marriage happens. I know about Anand's wish to marry his high school love, but everything seems like that girl disappeared. I know that he would be sad to not be able to marry the girl of his dreams. But just because he can't be happy doesn't mean he should take our parents' happiness too. They just want him to share his life with a good person. If he manages to find the one he wants to marry, I am sure my parents would never stop him from marrying her. It is just the what-if scenario that made us start a hunt for his bride. Whatever may happen I just want my family to be happy. I know that if he manages to find Priya and get her to marry him, it would be too awkward with my in-laws. But I have a gut feeling that it is not likely to happen. If it somehow happens, I would take all the responsibility. What happens is not something we can expect something we have to face when it happens.