Chapter 8

AnandMany times things are easier said than done

Anand
Many times things are easier said than done. Whatever courage I have mustered between when I learned about having a potential bride and wanted to ask help from the newlyweds and the phone call with Harini and Dinesh, seems to be slipping. In the beginning, I was sure to share my secret with the newlyweds. But with passing time, I am becoming less and less sure of my decision. The only thing keeping me from my plan is that there is a chance that with these newlyweds help. I could not only escape from the probable loveless marriage but also find my lost, first, and only love Priya.
With all these thoughts, I have reached Dinesh's place before I even expected. Well, it is time to let the cat out of the bag. To say that I am nervous wreck would be an understatement. As I was about to knock the door, it opened to reveal Harini.

"Come in, bhaiyya ", she welcomed.

"Hello sis, here is your favorite oranges for you ", I replied entering their new home, handing her the fruits I had bought before coming here.

"Thanks, bhaiyya ", she squealed, making me doubt the girl before is not a married woman but a three-year-old kid stuck in a twenty-six-year-old body.

"I will go and arrange for lunch. Meanwhile, you go and talk to that sulking man also known to be your bestie and my husband", she said interrupting my thoughts or rather doubts about her age and how to break the information to them.

As soon as I entered, I heard my bestie say, "Finally Mr.Anand has bestowed with his presence. First of all, let us have lunch. I don't know about both of you but I am famished. Also, my wife has made your favorite bitter guard for you. God help me when you both meet you forget me".

Then he continued chuckling instead of sulking like a few seconds ago," Wait till you get married, then I too will get a sister to gloat about".

Could he be any more accurate?

"Actually I am here to discuss my marriage", I replied trying not to cringe at the thought of marrying someone other than Priya.

"Aha. So someone has managed to capture your heart. Tell me everything. Who is she? When and how did you first meet? When will we get to meet her? Mainly when is the wedding?", he started interrogating me .

"One question at a time. I thought you were hungry. Let's go and have lunch, then you can quench your thirst for answers from me. And after lunch, first, let me speak what I have to say then you can bombard me with your never-ending questions". I answered trying to postpone my revelation as much as possible. But one can only hope.