Chapter 7

AnandToday is the day that my cute little nephew and sweet sister-in-law come home along with my brother

Anand
Today is the day that my cute little nephew and sweet sister-in-law come home along with my brother. I am very happy. As I was about to descend the stairs, I heard my parents talking about my marriage again. So I got curious and eavesdropped only to get the shock of them accomplishing an almost impossible task: finding a bride for me. Apparently, that brother of mine has played matchmaker in his in-laws' town.

Seriously, he went there to have a vacation with his wife and son but no, he is hell-bent on finding me a bride. I know he becomes the elder brother when anything is concerning me. Honestly, I would love to have him helping me because that is easier than convincing him to let me try on my own, but not in my marriage. He knows how I feel about Priya, still, this is what he has done? If I ask him, he was, in fact, helping me but as we could not find Priya so when I can't be happy by having whom I love, I should rather let my parents be happy by getting married with whom they select. I understand where he is coming from but the stubborn heart wants what it wants.

To cool my mind, I called the newlyweds. I know it's not nice to disturb their privacy but I know they would rather have me disturb them than not sharing with them. Apparently, the universe has conspired to make my wish true. As I was hesitant to call them as it would be inappropriate to disturb them, my phone has started ringing. I had expected it would be Dinesh but to my surprise it was Harini.

" Hi, sis. How is your married life with my idiotic best friend? I was about to call you guys", I asked.

"Hello bhaiyya", Harini replied.

"Hello to you too Anand. Would you be kind enough to enlighten me on why I am an idiot? ", Dinesh too replied at the same time.

"Well, first of all, you are my best friend. It is an unwritten rule that you call me or I call you. But before any of those, my sister has called me. You are an idiot for forgetting me because you got married. Learn from my sister", I replied.

"So, that makes you an idiot too, right? I hope you realize that", he replied.

"Anyway if you both stop your banter now, I have something to tell you bhaiyya ", she said.

"Please don't tell me that even you started matchmaking for me", I reflexively replied.

"Actually we want to invite you for lunch as you have not visited us after our marriage. But what do you mean by your previous statement? Now I am curious. Is your marriage fixed?", she asked enthusiastically.

"What your marriage is fixed and you didn't think to tell me? Some best friend you are", Dinesh started to complain.

" I will come in an hour. Until then please restrain your self from planning my wedding as my marriage is not fixed yet. But they have started searching for matches. I want your help regarding that matter. I will explain to you in detail after I reach your place. With that said I am hanging up. See you guys soon."

I need all the help I can get for what I am planning.

Bhaiyya- Brother