Two

Two days later, and Dan was hating this project more than ever. And not just because he had to work with the outgoingly physical and affectionate new kid. Seriously, every time Phil saw Dan, no matter if it was in their first period or just in the hallways, he'd rush over and hug him, touch his arm, anything as long as it involved skin to skin contact. It was really annoying. But he only seemed to do it around Dan, no one else. Not that Dan was watching him or anything.

  And the worst part was that Dan had found out that Phil was one of those hopeless romantic types. He went on and on about love and romance, everything pink hearts and boquets. It was quite sickening.

  This project wasn't helping the situation in any type of way.

  They had to spend the next month and a half, reading Romeo and Juliet and by the end of this term, would present their thoughts of R&Js decisions as lovers.

  But he would deal with that when he needed too. Right now now he was running late to English, because his damned phone hadn't been charged. It was his fault really, but he was too stubborn to care.

  He ran down the halls, not caring about getting in trouble from any teachers. He wasn't really the type of person the be late to class, and he didn't want to start now. He stopped in front od the classroom door, catching his breath before pulling it open and walking inside.

  He wasn't that late, maybe fifteen or twenty minutes, but the class was silent as he stepped inside, all turning to look at him as he entered.

  "Glad you could join us, Mr. Howell." His teacher said.

  "Sorry, I just.....woke up late. Won't happen again." He mumbled, then hurried to his seat, looking at the floor. To his annoyance, Phil reached over when he sat down and ruffled his hair, earning a glare from Dan. He was too wound up for this kids physicality right now.

  "I didn't know your hair was curly." Phil whispered, smirking. Dan reached up and, sure enough, the thick brown locks were not at their usual straightness. Shit, he'd forgotten to flat iron it this morning.

  "Shut up. I don't....like it." Dan whispered back, glaring at his desk.

  "Why not?" Phil persisted. "I think you look quite.....sexy with it. Like you just had woke up after having making love or something."

  Dan blushed at that comment. It wasn't everyday that someone told you that you looked like sex. He tried to pay attention to what the teacher was going on about up front, but he could feel Phil staring at him, smiling at his red face.

  "Hey, Dan?" Phil whispered again, and Dan rolled his eyes before looking over at him

  "Yes, Phil?"

  "You think maybe I could come over to yours today? So we can at least try and get started on this project?"

  Dan was going to immediately reject the idea, but thought better of it. They really did need to get started on it, many of the other pairs had already. He didn't want to let his annoyance get in the way of getting a good grade.

  "Uh, sure. Do you have a car?"

  "No, I usually take the bus."

  "Okay, meet me after school and I'll give you a ride."

  "Sounds good." Phil said, and turned back to face the front. Dan was just glad he wasn't eye raping him anymore.

  "Alright!" His teacher said loudly. "That's it for today. Make sure you and your partner get started on reading, and I'll see you guys tomorrow. Good day!"