Chapter 14 : Welcome Home

Start from the beginning

I gave him a knowing smile before ushering him out of the dining room. Some nations retiring as well. When we came to his door I turned to bid him goodnight there was hesitance on his face. "Are you going back to your room?" He questioned. Understanding what he was thinking I gave him a smile. I knew he wasn't hesitant because Prussia was his roommate. He just didn't feel loved.

Silently I led Toris out of the room hallway. The other nations looked at us but shrugged, probably guessing we were going to the other restroom. We made our way down the abandoned hallway before going to our club room. When we entered I wasn't really surprised to see Alfred and Kiku cuddled on one of the medical cots.

It wasn't like they necessarily needed to share though since the room was surprisingly big. It was filled with many beds. I bet if we tried we could fit all the nations in here. That wasn't a bad thought though. Silently I pulled Toris into one of the empty beds near the two sleeping nations. Leaving no room for protest I instantly curls up against him. I heard him sigh before he gathered me in his arms and relaxed. Before I knew it I was out.

(Japan's POV)

The next morning I awoke to find that Alfred was already up. That wasn't what surprised me though as I already knew he was a morning person. No, what surprised me was that Feliciano was curled up against Toris, both sleeping comfortably. It was very cute, and an actual calming way to wake up.

Eventually they both awoke from their slumber and we all stumbled are way to the dining room.

~Time skip~

After a quick breakfast all the nations filed into the conference room. Sadly, we weren't the first to enter so we all couldn't sit together. Toris was seated next to me while, Feliciano and Alfred had managed to sit together. Only because Feliciano begged Hungary to switch him seats. When Germany stood at the front the session officially began.

(Germany's POV)

I scanned the room silently before deciding on which nation would read next. "Finland why don't you read next?" I suggested. Luckily the Finnish nation was very happy to read for us.

Dear Diary,

I met this girl today when I visited Austria's house. When I saw her, I had this odd glittery feeling in my stomach.

Diary, is this what they call falling in love?

(3rd POV)

Unlike the others Finland didn't wait for any reactions from the other countries. He just kept reading.

Dear Diary,

I need to make it back... I need to make it back to Italy. I promised, I promised that it get back to her... it's so hard, though, I'm fading, and there won't be much left of me soon... Please, just let me get back to her, even if I'm broken, even if I'm weak or can't remember, just let me get back...

Dear Diary,

I don't think I'm going to be able to make it back to Italy...

Dear Diary,

He lied.

He's never coming back.

Dear Diary,

He did come back.

Dear Diary,

I don't remember much about my childhood... That was a lie. I remember everything about Italy.

The room sat in tense silence. No one said a word. Some people were mournful, some were shocked. Others were just plain lost. In an instant there was the sound of chair legs screeching as two nations stood in a frenzy. They bolted toward each other engulfing the other in an embrace filled with so many emotions. One had tears streaming down their face which in turned caused the other to let out tears he had been holding in.

Silently they pulled their heads back to look into each others eyes. "I'm back... Italy." He said placing a hand on said brunettes cheek. Without hesitation Italy placed his small, smooth hand over the larger, rougher one. "Welcome home... Germany."

*and that ladies and gents was the 14th chapter of The Secrets of a Nation. Thank you so much for all the love and support you give me and I'll see all of you next time, Bye!*